cube reaction pro e bike.

Xdrive

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2016
West yorkshire
Hi.

I recently bought the 2016 cube reaction pro. Not used yet as I am in 2 minds should I pay 250 extra and get a better specced bike like cube reaction race? It has better forks and other components.

Is the 9 speed cassette 12-36 going to be a problem.

My riding is manly canal paths and basic to mid level terrains. I have a scott scale 960.

I'm a casual rider who doesn't like to test limits. I have my reasons.

The bike has 500w battery with cx motor.

Thanks

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: IR772 and LeighPing

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
For canal paths it will be great, just go out and use it

This from someone who lives in Herefordshire, where there are no canals, but I can guess.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Don't upgrade to 11spd unless you need extra low gears for climbing. The freewheel is noisy as, only good thing about it is pedestrians hear you coming and step aside.

Just read specs on two bikes, what I said about 11spd still stands, I suggest test ride and decide for yourself. The air fork is definitely a huge plus even for commuting and light work. Given that, you can buy same fork or better from bike.discount for price difference.

For what you are doing lower spec brakes will be perfectly OK.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • :D
Reactions: IR772 and LeighPing

Xdrive

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2016
West yorkshire
I have the scott which has rockshox xc30 airforks so can always swap if needs be. But if I'm honest the xcr may just do for what I need. They have rebound adjustment which actually works. On the other hand the preload adjustment is a load of rubbish.

WhatI meant by cassette is the top speed would be low. What speed can I comfortably do? 20mph would be fine. ( I know motor stops at 15mph)

I will check my lbs today to see if any further discounts otherwise I will be keeping it. Just waiting for March now so I can go for a blast :)

• Dislike
Reactions: IR772

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I found when I first had the Delite I was troubled less with the wind than on my non powered bike.

I presume the extra weight prevents the wind from blowing you about and having power is great in a head wind.

The Haibike isn't quite as good in windy situations but still ok.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Im a big girl ;) I don't ride in winter though it's been very mild this month. Don't enjoy riding when it's wet, cold or windy.
I must ask have you bought the bike or are you thinking about buying it ?

What is troubling me is I can not comprehend how anyone could buy an ebike and then not try it for 3 months, I have no understanding of the concept at all .

Suppose the wheels are square ?

• Dislike
Reactions: Xdrive

Xdrive

Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2016
West yorkshire
I must ask have you bought the bike or are you thinking about buying it ?

What is troubling me is I can not comprehend how anyone could buy an ebike and then not try it for 3 months, I have no understanding of the concept at all .

Suppose the wheels are square ?
Yes I have bought it and I can assure you the wheels are not square.

Whether I choose to ride now or 3 months down the line should not be something that troubles you. There could be a dozen reasons why somebody may do that but it doesn't have to be written down on a forum.

Hope it's OK with you. :)

• Dislike
Reactions: IR772

Related Articles

Advertisers