Cut out

LornaS

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 10, 2023
I have a step through folding Wisper which I have not used much in last year. I charged battery until it showed full and it showed that on the display. I cycled about 2 miles; left it for 90 minutes and then on the return journey it lost power ; display went blank. I would turn battery on and off and also the display and it would start but not last long and I face cut out after a second or two. The display shows full charge but top left in display a series of shapes ( one is light ) flashes up then disappears. Any advice? Thank you

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Easiest thing to try without getting technical is to leave the battery on charge all day (12 hrs) to see if it improves. If it does improve, repeat until everything is back to normal.

If it doesn't improve, check your battery connectors and clean them if you can. See if they look like they're making good contact.

After that, you have to get a meter to check the actual battery voltage, which should give some indication about its condition.

It might be an idea to show us exactly which Wisper you have and which version, like a photo of the whole bike and a photo of the handlebars showing the display/control panel.

LornaS

Jul 10, 2023
Thank you . I have put it on charge and will leave it for 12 hours . Connection looks clean when I took it out to charge. It is the 806 folding bike. Hopefully this will work

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I have a step through folding Wisper which I have not used much in last year. I charged battery until it showed full and it showed that on the display. I cycled about 2 miles; left it for 90 minutes and then on the return journey it lost power ; display went blank. I would turn battery on and off and also the display and it would start but not last long and I face cut out after a second or two. The display shows full charge but top left in display a series of shapes ( one is light ) flashes up then disappears. Any advice? Thank you
Hi Lorna, it may well be that if the bike has been left with a flat battery the cells have been damaged. Try Saneagle's advice first though.

All the best, David

LornaS

Jul 10, 2023
Thank you David. If this doesn’t sort it ( ie fully charging for 12 hours over a few days) my thoughts were to take it to shop I got it from for them to test battery and then I may need a new one?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thank you David. If this doesn’t sort it ( ie fully charging for 12 hours over a few days) my thoughts were to take it to shop I got it from for them to test battery and then I may need a new one?
Hi Lorna, please let me know how you get on, any problems you can always send it to us for testing.

All the best, David

Reactions: Bikes4two

LornaS

Jul 10, 2023
Hi Lorna, please let me know how you get on, any problems you can always send it to us for testing.

All the best, David
Thanks David
I have charged it for 12 hours twice with a short ride in between. Today it lasted for an hour before cutting out. If I only had the assist button flashing it didn’t cut out but if I increased power it would cut out a second or two later. I have it on charge again. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. It is the 375 rack battery.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks David
I have charged it for 12 hours twice with a short ride in between. Today it lasted for an hour before cutting out. If I only had the assist button flashing it didn’t cut out but if I increased power it would cut out a second or two later. I have it on charge again. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. It is the 375 rack battery.
As I said aboove, if it improves, repeat until it's back to normal or stops improving, then judge whether or not something needs to be fixed.

LornaS

Jul 10, 2023
Not really improved as this was what it did on the first day - it’s a nuisance as it is cutting out at the bottom of the big hill on my journey home, which was the reason I bought it. I’ll try it again and then consider David’s offer of getting it tested

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks David
Hi Lorna,

I suggest you contact Izaak support@wisperbikes.com, he will be able to advise.

All the best, David

Advertisers