cyclamatic barrel problem?

marknunnery

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 8, 2014
Hi i have a cyclamatic power plus , it has a fault when the moter kicks in it looses power and the leds on the grip go out? then if i wiggle the key it kind of erratically comes back on again? when the power drains i can hear a feint clicking which i have traced back to the barrel where the key goes in. Sounds like something is shorting and the power is not getting through , seems like a bad earth or something? can i rewire around the key barrel or can i get a new key barrel or is it something else? i have checked all the wiring and it all seems good , so it could be a weak connection in the key barrel ? thanks in advance .....

D

Deleted member 4366

It sounds like a faulty switch or a bad solder joint on the switch. I have a spare switch if you need one.

To get at the switch, take the top off the battery (4 screws), then the two screws next to the lock bolt. Next, prise the lock out by lifting the back end up first.

marknunnery

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 8, 2014
Hi d8veh thanks for the advice , I have done that , I would like to get the switch of you , at least I can eliminate it from the possible causes. All the wiring looks ok ? maybe its something inside the black terminal box at the end of the barrel where the wires are soldered on bad earth in there? something is shorting at any rate , many thanks....

Advertisers