Cycling GPS handlebar mounts

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
Anyone know whether a handlebar mount for a Garmin would also fit a Mio Cyclo? For example the SRAM ones.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Anyone know whether a handlebar mount for a Garmin would also fit a Mio Cyclo? For example the SRAM ones.
They are the same fit, I find the Mio to be a better made unit but should as it costs a great deal more.

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
They are the same fit, I find the Mio to be a better made unit but should as it costs a great deal more.
Thanks. I tend to agree re the quality. Having looked into it further, I'm a bit concerned that some of the Garmin mounts seem to have the slot/fixing for the GPS at a different place on the "clockface" to the one on the Mio - which may mean the Mio ends up being mounted at an angle.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Thanks. I tend to agree re the quality. Having looked into it further, I'm a bit concerned that some of the Garmin mounts seem to have the slot/fixing for the GPS at a different place on the "clockface" to the one on the Mio - which may mean the Mio ends up being mounted at an angle.
I have the supplied Mio mount on the Birdy, a long reach on the Delite & and one from EBay (even longer) on the Haibike. All seem to be ok but note, the handle bars are not straight. Therefore they will be on an angle to some extent.

The EBay unit I had doubts on, not as sturdy as the Mio but it is still ok. Getting it to fit on narrow bars took a bit of trial to get a satisfactory fit, no suitable supplied rubber packings with it.

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
I have the supplied Mio mount on the Birdy, a long reach on the Delite & and one from EBay (even longer) on the Haibike. All seem to be ok but note, the handle bars are not straight. Therefore they will be on an angle to some extent.

The EBay unit I had doubts on, not as sturdy as the Mio but it is still ok. Getting it to fit on narrow bars took a bit of trial to get a satisfactory fit, no suitable supplied rubber packings with it.
Thanks again. I take your point re the angles. Getting one that fits snuggle on 22.5mm diameter handlebar isnt so easy either. I assume you have no problem with the Mio being crooked when mounted on the actual mount (as opposed to the angle issue when the mount is then put on the handlebars? Its just that the "slots" on the Mio mount seem to be set at about 30 degrees different to where they are on the Garmin mounts (well, the ones I've seen, anyway)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Thanks again. I take your point re the angles. Getting one that fits snuggle on 22.5mm diameter handlebar isnt so easy either. I assume you have no problem with the Mio being crooked when mounted on the actual mount (as opposed to the angle issue when the mount is then put on the handlebars? Its just that the "slots" on the Mio mount seem to be set at about 30 degrees different to where they are on the Garmin mounts (well, the ones I've seen, anyway)
No problems with it being crooked, my problem is my eyesight. What I like about the Nyon is I can see it well. Perhaps some of the info is strange, like how many trees I have saved, but can't fault the display.

I increased the brightness on the Mio and that helped but I suppose for less running time. Can't have it all roads, have to take my reading specs.

Advertisers