cycling partners?

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
Does anyone know how to go about finding cycling partners in my area? I've looked all over the Internet and Facebook but I can't seem to find cycling partners that use ebikes, I do see the odd lone ecyclist out and about, I tend to see them when I'm driving tho.

Pea.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Might be an idea to put your location on your profile then folks will know if you are in their area.

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I'm just outside Newcastle, I've tried to update the profile. He it keeps saying an error occurred, I'll keep trying tho.

D

Deleted member 4366

Which Newcastle?

Why don't you give your postcode, then people will know where you live. What does "just outside Newcastle" mean? North, South, East or West?

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
If you go on the Endless Sphere forum you will find 3 or 4 lads that ride together out of Newcastle.

Reactions: pea

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I've done a couple of Sky rides local to me and I even found a local fellow e-biker.
As a tip unless your super fit, don't join a challenging ride as they can hold speeds above our 15.5 mph cutoff.
Oh yes and it's free to join
http://www.goskyride.com/newcastle
These rides will be different each time depending on location, ride leader and the attitude of fellow riders.
I still ride mostly on my own as I have the freedom to explore.
Today for example, during a long ride I found myself next to a glider airfield unexpectedly, I'd just done 30miles so I decided to have a food & drink break whilst watching the gliders take off. You can't do that in an organised group ;)

Reactions: Kinninvie and pea

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It would also pay to put whether you are road riding or mtb riding.

I realise that you have specifically put e-bike riders, but If you are happy to pedal along with non e-bike riders, then Strava can be a good source of finding like minded people to ride with.

I that guess these would as well, but haven't tried either.

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubs

I've met some good lads to ride with via Strava, and ride every Wednesday evening/night with a couple of them, then at various other times as well.

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
Hi and thanks for the reply.
I've got an ezee sprint bike, I'm just after someone to ride around on the local cycle tracks and some roads. Just to potter around with really.
After comments from other people when I've been out and about I'm not sure about taking it where there's none ebikers, something to think about tho.

Pea

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Hi and thanks for the reply.
I've got an ezee sprint bike, I'm just after someone to ride around on the local cycle tracks and some roads. Just to potter around with really.
After comments from other people when I've been out and about I'm not sure about taking it where there's none ebikers, something to think about tho.

Pea
It's probably easier than you think to find someone to ride with, and anyone that judges your for using a pedelec, probably wouldn't be worth cycling with any way.
I can't answer for other towns, but here in Crowborough, the local bike shop has a cycling club that caters for all levels of cycling. From competitive race level, right down to people that just want to cruise along, have a natter, stop for a coffee/cake break, then return home again.
Perhaps try the local cycle shops to find out what is on offer, and if there isn't something and you have the available time, perhaps start a Face Book page to connect local cyclists.

Also keep an eye out for local charity/fun rides. I'm sure that could be another way to meet like minded people.

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
Hi John, I checked the map, there were two people near me, one hasn't posted since 2011, the other 2014.
I'm just looking for like minded people that want to drift along, get fit, have a coffee along the way, that sort of thing.
just have to keep looking

C

Cyclezee

Hi John, I checked the map, there were two people near me, one hasn't posted since 2011, the other 2014.
I'm just looking for like minded people that want to drift along, get fit, have a coffee along the way, that sort of thing.
just have to keep looking
Hi Pea,

I guess one of those is Funkylyn, she was seriously ill and has now recovered, but unfortunately, I think she has given up cycling.

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
There's someone called mapman near me and a John Fleet, neither of them have been on here for some time.

Advertisers