Cycling with your dog?

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
I tried something similar with our rescue greyhound. Not a good idea when used with a dog which likes to take a short nap every few hundred yards ...
:eek:
Not a problem I envisage with our dog he's a dynamo, I get tired just watching him go ;)

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland

I've been looking at this picture for 10 mins and I still can't see a dog or bike:D

Seriously I used to walk the dog on my normal bike and vary the pace as I was told its not good for dogs to run at the same pace all the time. I think my e bikes would be a little too quick for my current beast

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Ahhhh the stripy bit of the pic distracted you I suspect ;)

How did you get on?

I wasn't planning on having the assist turned on when taking him he likes to do a lot of jogging which I can't do on 2 feet anymore and without assist going slow is a snap :D

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
How did you get on?
Very well. I started off on off road cycle paths disused railways etc. Basically quiet places away from traffic where we could both get used to it. Moved on from there to quiet roads. I tended to stick to the same few routes then the dog learned the routes and the turnings. Kept the dog on the inside and just in my peripheral vision. Travelled at a pace where the dog had to pay attention to me and was less likely to be distracted by other road users/dog/cats etc

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Very well. I started off on off road cycle paths disused railways etc. Basically quiet places away from traffic where we could both get used to it. Moved on from there to quiet roads. I tended to stick to the same few routes then the dog learned the routes and the turnings. Kept the dog on the inside and just in my peripheral vision. Travelled at a pace where the dog had to pay attention to me and was less likely to be distracted by other road users/dog/cats etc
Excellent sounds very doable, I was only going to take him on a particular route when hubby couldn't, he's already used to going alongside a disability scooter so hopefully he will get it pretty quick. Thanks for that hun.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Thanks for your opinion billyfish010.

Advertisers