cyclone twist throttle questions

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Hi

anyone have any experience of these: http://eclipsebikes.com/cyclone-ebike-twist-throttle-p-985.html

They look ideal for me as they are small (not full grip width twist), have battery led indicator and also an on/off switch for the throttle (I will be using mostly pedal assist).

I am wondering whether they would be suitable with the xiongda 2 speed 350w rear motor and the lishui controller. I realise I will probably need to cut off the supplied connector on the cyclone throttle but thats not an issue as long as the cabling is suitable.

thanks. tom

D

Deleted member 4366

It'll work. It has the advantage of an upper cable exit, which will probably send the wire over your changer or brake.If you get a plain half throttle, you can mount it in any rotation, so more options for fitting. Also, the cable exit is a bit higher for more clearance.You'll have a battery indicator in your LCD, so you don't need/want it in the throttle as well.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Bicycle-ebike-Half-Twist-Throttle-standard-connections-UK-Seller-/111687974126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item1a011f3cee

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Thanks for the quick reply. What i was more interested in was that it had an on of switch...

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Oh right, thanks. Cant see that in the photo. if i were to have it at a different orientation does that mean the acceleration 'start' point, or where the throttle engages would be in a different place? Or does this not really matter?

D

Deleted member 4366

The only thing that the orientation affects is how easy it is to fit.

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
Unfortunately the seller has confirmed that ebay item does not have on off switch. I really wanted a physical kill switch on my set up. I guess i could just put an inline switch on the signal wire though?

D

Deleted member 4366

You don't need an on/off switch. There's one on your LCD. If you want to ride without power, you select level zero.

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
it's so that I can turn off the twist throttle independently but still have the PAS running. my question is whether it is simply a inline switch on the signal cable that would achieve this?

D

Deleted member 4366

You can turn off the throttle by letting go of it when you use the PAS. I still don't understand why you need a switch. Nobody else has one.

Advertisers