Cyclotricity Stealth Owners thread.

PH001

Pedelecer
May 18, 2016
Harrogate, N. Yorks
Just wanted to let Stealth owners know how important it is to tighten their rear spokes after a month or so of ownership. My rear wheel was getting really noisy - like a 'clacking' sound when engaging the motor. Got the bike back to the garage and about half the spokes were really loose. They obviously stretch under the high torque of the motor.

Went around each one tightening no more than half a turn at a time (which means you end up going around the wheel 4 or 5 times) until they were all about the same tension. Wheel still perfectly straight and now runs completely silent. Massive improvement.

If you haven't done this on your stealth yet I recommend you do it asap.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Are these bikes up to the job of handling a quite often very muddy towpath as part of a daily commute?
My daily ride is 15 miles and the one I have now isnt ideal.
The rest of the ride is a mixture of dry gravel towpaths and a bit of tarmac road.

Many thanks

cibaker1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 30, 2016
Are these bikes up to the job of handling a quite often very muddy towpath as part of a daily commute?
My daily ride is 15 miles and the one I have now isnt ideal.
The rest of the ride is a mixture of dry gravel towpaths and a bit of tarmac road.

Many thanks
There shouldn't be too many problems using it on a towpath however, I would suggest that the standard tyres be replaced with something more suitable. The stock tyres are more suited to tarmac. I tend to use my bike mostly off road on gravel tracks however, whenever I encounter patches of mud the bike takes it in its stride albeit with some slipping due to the tyres. In 250W mode you will have no problem with your 15 mile commute however, if you intend using it in 1000W mode 15 miles would be about your limit.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Thats useful to know, many thanks.
I might go for the lower 500watt I think as it is unlikely I would need that extra speed...unless I fancy a swim in the canal!

cibaker1

Jan 30, 2016
Thats useful to know, many thanks.
I might go for the lower 500watt I think as it is unlikely I would need that extra speed...unless I fancy a swim in the canal!
If you opt for the 500W may I suggest you go for the 15ah battery and I would definitely add the thumb throttle which will come in very useful if negotiating muddy tracks.

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Yes, jsut looking at the different options....the 15ah should be more than enough for my trip...does the throttle cut out at 6kph or does it keep on going?

cibaker1

Jan 30, 2016
Yes, jsut looking at the different options....the 15ah should be more than enough for my trip...does the throttle cut out at 6kph or does it keep on going?
My throttle keeps going. On a flat piece of tarmac the throttle only will move my 1000W at around 26mph (I weigh in at 18 stone). On a downhill stretch I guess the sky's the limit although I normally lose my nerve at around 35mph.
Having recently had a knee operation I find that the extra power from the 1000W invaluable (only off road on private land of course).

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Ok, sounds great....im hedging towards the 1000w now. Sorry for all the questions, but would the bike take a pannier rack...could do with one for my work junk

cibaker1

Jan 30, 2016
Ok, sounds great....im hedging towards the 1000w now. Sorry for all the questions, but would the bike take a pannier rack...could do with one for my work junk
I believe there is an option to have a pannier rack battery on the stealth so by that reckoning I cant see why not. May I suggest that you give Zak a call at Cyclotricity with any questions you may have. Zak is very knowledgeable about his products and easy to talk to.
zak.atiwi@cyclotricity.com

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Guys can you give me an idea on how accurate the onboard battery indicator is?
Did my first 15 mile run this morning, didnt want to run out of juice so took it quite steady. The battery is showing 1 red and 2 green lights...am i right in thinking there was quite a bit of juice left in it?

D

Deleted member 4366

A voltmeter, or better still, a wattmeter is all you should rely on.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Okay thanks...I do have a multimeter, but apart from testing voltage that's about as far as my ability goes.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Can anyone tell me how to reset the trip counter please?
I've downloaded the LCD manual but it doesn't say how to do it....just to cycle through the different screens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cibaker1

Jan 30, 2016
Can anyone tell me how to reset the trip counter please?
I've downloaded the LCD manual but it doesn't say how to do it....just to cycle through the different screens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Press and hold the up & down arrows together until the display starts to flash then release and press the centre button once. This will reset the trip but leave the overall distance.

Advertisers