DAPU Rear Hub motor do not run.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Ok that's better, your motor uses either the Hall sensor for speed calculation or it is a sensored motor. Often sensored motors will use 9 wires when a speed sensor is also used.
Is th PAS a simple 3 wire sensor or is it a torque sensing that uses 4 wires ?

Last edited:

badaboum

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 1, 2022
It's a simple 3 wires (+5 GND and signal)

I like to keep my equipment as simple as possible . No need for fancy stuff so that you can maintain and repair yourself ...

That's the theory :)

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's a bit weird when a simple disconnection causes an issue elsewhere.

badaboum

Jun 1, 2022
Ok so PAS sensor changed. Needed quite some adjustment with the Dremel as it was not a 100% swap with my 2010 old back plate.

Anyway, engine is now back , it turns nicely, but I have quite an issue : When I am back pedaling, the engine is now also turning...

So if I am pushing the bike backward, the engine starts spinning to pull me in the other direction. Quite annoying
.... Is it a PAS sensor issue or a setup in the controler/display?

Quite strange...

Thanks

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Some sensors do that as they are double hall and see a signal in both directions, sometimes there is a setting where the parameter can be changed but depends on the brand/system used.
I had one and even the KT system couldn't prevent the backward activation so I always made sure my PAS level was 0.

badaboum

Jun 1, 2022
Yes, I tried it in both direction with both disc. It is sending signal to the controler.
It was a ''cheap'' model on amazon

I have found the same one from king-meter installed in my bike available in italy. just purchased it. 3 times more expensive but should work

My wife will not agree to have ''the risk'' of the engine turning on when going backward

I will update in a few days

thanks

badaboum

Jun 1, 2022
Ok still waiting for my replacement sensor.

Quick question : I have given 3V and 5V on the Throttle 3PIN plug and nothing is happening (wanted to see if the controller is reacting) . is there anything else to do?

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Throttle works with about 1v on the signal wire, though need to see 4 - 5v on the 5V line from the controller.

badaboum

Jun 1, 2022
Hi
So I swapped the PAS sensor for a 100% fit with the original one. Bike is now back to normal
Somehow, by changing the tyre at the front I have ''melted/shortcc'ed'' the PAS sensor.... Quite strange

I will see to buy a Throttle gear. Any recommendation ? Are they all equivalent in terms of voltage etc..?

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes all ebike throttles use the same 5v with the 1v signal.

badaboum

Jun 1, 2022
A few months after this issue, i finally had time to get my head into this

I have bought 2 throttle controler (5V) and none of them is working. ...

The signal coming out of the throttle is not 1V but a usual 0 to 5V like a variable resistor (i have measured between 0,8V to 4,7V)

The throttle signal needs to be 1V right? Something like a hall signal? Can you share a few link for 5V input / 1V output throttle ?

I am a bit confused here

Cheers

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It doesn't have to exactly be 5v or 1v, the values may be lower.

badaboum

Jun 1, 2022
Ok so if I am getting this right, my GAS is sending the right signal (between 0,8 and 4,8v depending on the position of the thumb) but my controler is not reacting to it

This is weird

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is the three wire connection from the controller actually for a throttle ?
If it is coloured Black/Red/White then it is likely a spare connection for an external wheel speed sensor and magnet.
Being that one is in France it may be the case as the bike is made for EU country the throttle option for the market isn't configured.

badaboum

Jun 1, 2022
Yes, the controler that i have is the same as the one in the diagramm

and gas pedal seems to be red blue and white wire (only 3 pin connector available anyway...)

I think that you might be right, I need to open the controler to see if there are no jumper or something like that

The controler is a DPWK36V

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes I see it now IV matches the colours I mentioned so it is for an external speed magnet, the connection is often supplied in case of the internal hall failing or the magnet moving.

badaboum

Jun 1, 2022
Yes I see it now IV matches the colours I mentioned so it is for an external speed magnet, the connection is often supplied in case of the internal hall failing or the magnet moving.

I have tried switchng my PAS sensor onto that 4 connector and it does not work.

I am cleary leaning towards a European feature where PAS is deactivated somehow. I need to find the ''somehow''

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Of course it won't work as the programming won't allow it.
I. is for the PAS and IV. is for a spd sensor, if you want throttle one will have to buy a new controller that has throttle input along with a matched display.

Advertisers