Derestricting 2019 Bosch performance line cx

Scot

Just Joined
Apr 6, 2019
Hi, does anyone have advice about derestricting the speed limiter on a 2019 Bosch performance line cx please? I’m new to pedelecs and waiting for my new cube Kathmandu to arrive......

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not that i know of tho some bikes have the magnet on the disc rotors so a bad ass dongle wont work but any wired direct to the motor will work if that is the case.

Reactions: Scot

corsur

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 24, 2019
I read somewhere also that bosch had introduced changes to stop this. But I put one in a new 2019 bosch active line plus motor with know problems.

Scot

Just Joined
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks for the replies - I’ll go ahead and get one. Anybody,have a particular recommendation which dongle to get?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you dont care about the correct speed on the display then a bad ass dongle is the most simple to install and remove.

tho you might have to get a bigger front sprocket otherwise you will just spin out i have a 20t on mine

corsur

Jan 24, 2019
What do you mean by dongle ? The speed box 2 is a easy fit on the crossfuse, only two screws to remove 5 min job. Can be turned on and off by walk button, and does not affect Speedo mph or kph. When you say dongal are you talking about the magnet and sensor being moved ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there all dongles but the bad ass one fits over the speed sensor so can be fitted in seconds and removed.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

corsur

Jan 24, 2019
Just done a quick search for that badass dongal. Its way to much @ £140 I would just move the magnet before I would pay that, Does the same job. See you tube clip. On my bike with the bosch active plus. Its easy to fit speed box 2, and cost less. Don’t even have to remove peddle crank as you can get access, by just removing two screws from cover. I don’t think you can do this with CX motor. Its peddle crack off to get access I think.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
problem is no one has ever proved the moving the magnet trick has ever worked it came from the gen 1 bikes when it was a work round but ever since the gen 2 motors it has not worked and yes i did try it and got a 503 error.

the bad ass dongle is a small electro magnet that sends pulses to the sensor so it thinks it is doing half the speed and putting the magnet on the crank arm thus wont do anything other than change the wheel size and no dealer can change this to increase the speed limit than stock anyway.

Reactions: lyme and corsur

Jerseydaz

Just Joined
Apr 14, 2019
I've got a 2019 haibike xduro 6.0 with performance line cx and the speedbox does not work on it. I also have a 2019 haibike sduro trekking with a performance line cx and it does work. The trekking appears to have a different engine casing so I'm guessing the xduro has the latest Bosch version. And clearly the software has been altered to prevent chipping. I tried 3 times swooping the dongle from bike to bike with the same result each time.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
which is why i have a bad ass dongle as does not use software or power from the motor to work.

easy way to check is what software ver each bike has on the display and ask speed box if there is any work around but it might be a new dongle will need to be bought with updated roms on the chip.:(:(

Advertisers