display computer no longer show milage/distance/run history

silversurfer

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2007
Last summer I bought a nice French build Makadam crank motor bike from Leclerc supermarket in Rennes. brought it home and done prob.done 200kms on it so far. Now the computer shows power/energy setting but no speed/distance/trip record and it has defaulted to miles display? but just shows 9999.9. Its under guarantee but a long way to go back to Rennes! any ideas welcome, thanks.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I don't know that bike but does it have speed sensor /magnet on the spokes?

That would be my first port of call if so.

Check the magnet passes close enough and hasn't been knocked out of line

silversurfer

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks for prompt reply, Macadam bikes seem to be publicized on internet, perhaps more known in France? Very nice build quality. Anyway, it was bought on an extended holiday in France. The crank motor has 4 power assist settings accessed via handle bar button pad and also by + - buttons on computer display. Both can enable scroll through information options and alter power, but the speed/distance/trip log is out of action. Only once, on my last run of 10km did it flash up number 45? for a second then went dead? I have checked the magnet spoke/pick up are in line, even temp. moved the pickup closer but had no effect. There are tiny square 'ports' on back of handlebar computer....maybe for other data inputs but no real instructions, only how to set handlebars etc! How I hate electronics!!!

silversurfer

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2007
Update, the bike is probably a French built Neomouv Kalyso CD badge as 'Macadam' by Leclerc, I think Juicybikes sell them, perhaps I should ask them for advice?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Update, the bike is probably a French built Neomouv Kalyso CD badge as 'Macadam' by Leclerc, I think Juicybikes sell them, perhaps I should ask them for advice?
Good idea I'd say. What about the sensor itself? Is that still fully connected to the controller? Is there a plug you can unplug and check for water ingress?

silversurfer

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2007
Pickup sensor plug tight/dry (has 7 tiny pins!) even tried wafting a tiny magnet past it but no effect on computer. can't really see it being faulty as bike has only done 200km. Cable goes into crank motor then to handlebars.....perhaps problem there, but motor functions OK. Suspect computer glitch as it has defaulted to miles, something I could not previously do on menu options and the momentary flashing up false speed ??? Looks like a USB port on base? 34295DSCN8938.JPG34296DSCN8938.JPG34297DSCN8938.JPG34298DSCN8938.JPG

Advertisers