Do you cycle your ebike in the rain?

Do you cycle your ebike in the rain?

• Total voters

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
That is why I bought my bike. the idea was that even though it was an expensive bike, using it daily it would pay for itself as I could save money compared with public transport. I guess maybe i expected too much when it came to going home in the rain.
I'm not being rude but eventually you will find out for yourself that riding will become more enjoyable than sex:rolleyes: so don't be too harsh on yourself please.

MS.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I'm not being rude but eventually you will find out for yourself that riding will become more enjoyable than sex:rolleyes: so don't be too harsh on yourself please.

MS.
You get sweaty and out of breath doing both but cycling is less sticky.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Only problem I suffer is the LCD fills with moisture, taken me 3 days to dry it out, took it off the bike last night to properly dry it out and to try and seal it against the elements.
How did you do that Phil? I'd be tempted to stretch a bit of clingfilm over it. :)

phil01

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2017
Dartford Kent
I've tried the cling film method and secured it with a rubber band but it don't last long, tears and rips easy and just looks horrible.
Took the LCD off, split it, dried it out and sealed it with some black RTV silicone.
Refitted just now and about to go for a leisure ride1495537294383-1548268357.jpg 1495537294383-1548268357.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
I've had my eBikes for 4 years and I commute every working day no matter what the weather, so yes, I've been in pouring rain many times and my bikes have also stood in the pouring rain 100s of times. I do however place a black shower cap over the battery when it's standing.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Juicy have contacted me to say they are going to sort it all looks like i will be out again soon :)
Simple issue. Cycling Made Easy found that your motor plug wasn't fully in.

They also did a "rain test" and couldn't cause any issue (soaking the bike with some gallons of water sprayed all over).

Should now be ready for you to collect and I'm sure they've been in contact with you directly.

0omo0

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 10, 2016
Sanderstead Surrey
Simple issue. Cycling Made Easy found that your motor plug wasn't fully in.

They also did a "rain test" and couldn't cause any issue (soaking the bike with some gallons of water sprayed all over).

Should now be ready for you to collect and I'm sure they've been in contact with you directly.
Thankyou Bob

Yes I've just this second gotten the bike home. All seems ok and cycling made easy were very helpful.

Rain is scheduled for every day next week so I'm going to be able to give it a good test.

Advertisers