Does Anybody Recognize this Hub Motor?

Storapa

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2014
Warwickshire
Hi Folks,

Does anybody recognize this hub motor? It belongs to a friend. He bought it with a box of e-bike bits.

It is slightly unusual in that it looks like it splits into to halves rather than a centre with two covers.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Can you do a photo of the other side of the motor, seems unlikely that it splits in the centre.

Storapa

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2014
Warwickshire
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a photo of the opposite side at the moment. It is the same though, with no fixings. There are 6 indents on each side to engage a tool to spin each half in opposite directions.

I have seen a post of this motor being disassembled in the past, probably on ES, but can't find it.

Storapa

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2014
Warwickshire
I put a post up on ES and got a response.

It's an Ultra Motor (hence the UM cast into the surface). The motor does split in the middle (requires the rim to be unlaced). The motor also contains the controller.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Hi Folks,

Does anybody recognize this hub motor? It belongs to a friend. He bought it with a box of e-bike bits.

It is slightly unusual in that it looks like it splits into to halves rather than a centre with two covers.

Any help appreciated.
If it is the type of
Hi Folks,

Any help appreciated.
If it is the motor I think it is this is how you do it. The side we can not see has a cover that spins on and off. before you try to spin it off, locate the small set screw, on the flat edge of the cover, that holds it in place once it is tight. Remember to tighten it back up on reassembly. It will require a 2 or 2.5mm allen wrench. Make sure the wrench is in good shape and is fully inserted in the head of the set screw as they can be a bit tight. Clean any dirt out of the set screw's head first.

Advertisers