Dolphin battery pack connector source.

Niallzer

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2016
Aberdeen
I an looking to replace the connectors on my Dolphin battery pack and frame mount. I think that corrosion, removing the battery every day and the fact that my battery can slide back and forth on the mount a few mm has made the connection intermittent.

The power cuts out going over bumps and then sometimes indicates low battery. If I remove the battery then slide it back on firmly it is fine until it rattles again.

I have searched the internet but after hours of trying thought I could pick some brains here.

Closest I could get to spares was Luna Cycles selling a spare frame mount but I also need the connector on the battery pack.

Anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance, Niallzer

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
If it's this type, then try using the key to lock the battery to the mount. That way it won't slide back and forth:

Dolphin Battery.jpg

I put a little bit of rubber tubing inside the docking plate hole, to ensure less movement of the battery when locked:

Docking Plate.jpg

Also, clean up the connectors on the battery and mount with some contact spray. They've probably tarnished a little and created electrical resistance.

Last edited:

Advertisers