Downhill 2WD Conversion Project

Stalkingcat

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2015
I read this Thread a while back and for £50 I love them, but then again I'm able to use regen with them. There are people who have their regen dialed so well, that the actually don't have pads or disc fitted and just use the levered sensor.
Just saying that for around £280 there are cheaper options to stop than Tektros,. not sure what they're like though, they may be amazing?

campbell1987

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
Sorry not replied to this thread in a while, I just got my BBS02 motor and got it all fitted and no problems with ground clearance, I tested it all before fitting it to the bike and all worked well, first go out on it was a short test to my brohers about 2 miles away, it worked fine all the way there then when i went to head home it wouldn't power on properly. Now i'm just getting an error code er30 a few seconds after i power it on, I have checked and rechecked all connections, not much help on google and error codes list doesnt contain a er30 code.....

Heres a pic of it now, Still need to get the battery box fixed to the underside of the frame so weight is lowered, just taped it on with insulating tape for now, Also sill need to sort the brake cut off, for now ive just added one of the levers that came with the bbs02,

20150321_163257.jpg

campbell1987

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
Might be worth mentioning, When i got the bike home and left it a while i tried to power it on again and it worked then when i power cycled it I just got the same error again so it seems to be an intermittent fault,

campbell1987

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
Got on to the supplier and they think its the C961 display so are sending another, they said i should not get the C961 again so i got the C963, I can still use the bike a bit as when its left off for a long time with batteries disconnected it powers on fine but after motor is used at all then power cycled it gives error 30, so as long as i keep it on it should be fine for now till new one arrives,

I now have 2 working 6S 16AH Multistars and also one faulty one so i was planning on taking 1 set of cells from the faulty battery to make a 13S battery for my bike with built in BMS so i wont need to remove and balance on the ballance charger as they are already showing signs of wear and tear..
I am just unsure which 13S BMS i need, I will also be needing a charger to go with it so if someone could suggest a good setup, Don't mind payin that bit extra for something reliable.

Here are the specs of the batteries i have

Minimum Capacity: 16000mAh
Configuration: 6S2P / 22.2V / 6Cell
Constant Discharge: 10C
Peak Discharge (10sec): 20C
Pack Weight: 1920g
Pack Size: 173 x 74 x 68mm
Charge Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: XT90

campbell1987

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
BMS battery were a nightmare to deal with, hanging up the phone, ignoring all emails and ignoring me on live chat, Ended up I had to fork out the money for a new controller as they were expecting me to pay return shipping costs just to get my money back, shipping quotes were all over £100 gbp due to the weight of the item, don't see why i should be that much out of pocket and have nothing to show for it, paypal didn't do anything either as funds came from direct debit card, Seems kind of unfair the way they are willing to take money for the transaction then do nothing to help once something goes wrong,

I got my new motor controller from Matt at EMPowered Cycles, Must say he was very helpful on the phone in helping fix the problem, he also programmed the controller the way I wanted at no extra cost, and he charged me half the shipping price shown on his site, so can't recommend him enough,

Now I've got the bike going again the last thing I think it needs is BMS, Batteries are getting damaged by me removing them all the time, I got this 13s 48V 30A BMS from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181716617823?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Im using 2 x Turnigy Multistar 6s packs at 16000mah each and an extra 16Ah cell from a pack that failed,

My question is I have found a charger from my dads bikes old battery pack, It says on the shell NI-MH BATTERY CHARGER, Model number HP8208N3 It says on it 36VDC/2A but i opened it and i have now set it to 54.6v, Would this charger be suitable to use on my BMS board to charge all batteries in one go or do i need to buy one made for LiPo's?

Advertisers