E10 error code

matt10

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 25, 2022
Hi all am having some problems can anyone help I have a old z6 ebike. The problem was me tried to play with it .it's got an Lcd880 an I played in the settings trying to get the throttle to work so I reset it now its broken. Now when I turn it on I get 3 numbers flash when I turn it on with 555 I have no book an can't find any help .so I got a s866 display screen an am getting E10 error . i was reading its a communication prob so just checking all the plugs , but do u think i need a new control box

Attachments

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One expects the 866 isnt compatible with the controller, one can't simply mix and match.

matt10

Jul 25, 2022
ok thanks now ill need to find a controller to work the lcd 866 because the lcd 880 seems to be stuck in a loop that i cant get past

Teesebike

Jun 12, 2022
Stockton on tees
Do you have a picture of the wiring come from your bike? The wiring which was connected to your original controller?
I can probably suggest a controller once I can see the wiring, error 10 on the s866 is a communication error which can be caused by linking it up sensorless, ie. Using just the 3 thick phase wires usually (yellow, green, blue) and not connecting the square hall sensor multiplug.
Once I see a picture of you wiring the situation will become clearer.

Reactions: matt10

matt10

Jul 25, 2022
Do you have a picture of the wiring come from your bike? The wiring which was connected to your original controller?
I can probably suggest a controller once I can see the wiring, error 10 on the s866 is a communication error which can be caused by linking it up sensorless, ie. Using just the 3 thick phase wires usually (yellow, green, blue) and not connecting the square hall sensor multiplug.

matt10

Jul 25, 2022

Teesebike

Jun 12, 2022
Stockton on tees
I have an s866 display here and I've just been looking at the connector and noticed the colour code is different to what is coming from your controller did you match the colours ie chop and reattach or just plug staright in?
I've noticed on the s866 + and - are on opposite side of the connector which is confusing if you have directly plugged it in.
The s866 is generally sold with the 350w brainpower controller where the connector colours match like for like.

matt10

Jul 25, 2022
I have an s866 display here and I've just been looking at the connector and noticed the colour code is different to what is coming from your controller did you match the colours ie chop and reattach or just plug staright in?
I've noticed on the s866 + and - are on opposite side of the connector which is confusing if you have directly plugged it in.
The s866 is generally sold with the 350w brainpower controller where the connector colours match like for like.
I looked at the wiring before I got the s866 an got the one with the same plug an matching wire's

Attachments

Teesebike

Jun 12, 2022
Stockton on tees
Another thing you could try is hold down + and - on the lcd until you get the p settings click power each time to cycle through until you get to p20 and see if you can change the communication protocol if you can try it on each setting to see if it removes error 10

matt10

Jul 25, 2022
Another thing you could try is hold down + and - on the lcd until you get the p settings click power each time to cycle through until you get to p20 and see if you can change the communication protocol if you can try it on each setting to see if it removes error 10
Done that this one only has 16 p settings

Teesebike

Jun 12, 2022
Stockton on tees
I had error 10 the other night on a brainpower controller paired with s866, I tried each and every way I could to get it going with no luck.
I have looked on Amazon at the reviews and they aren't great for the s866/brainpower combination, a lot of people not managing to get them working.
I'm wondering whether your only getting 16 settings due to a limitation in the controller you are using as I was getting 21 p settings on s866 with brainpower controller.
No wonder people always advise getting a kt controller/lcd.
The s866/brainpower controller I fitted prior to the one the other night worked great with no issues whatsoever so they look to be a bit hit and miss.

matt10

Jul 25, 2022
Done that this one only has 16 p settings
I had error 10 the other night on a brainpower controller paired with s866, I tried each and every way I could to get it going with no luck.
I have looked on Amazon at the reviews and they aren't great for the s866/brainpower combination, a lot of people not managing to get them working.
I'm wondering whether your only getting 16 settings due to a limitation in the controller you are using as I was getting 21 p settings on s866 with brainpower controller.
No wonder people always advise getting a kt controller/lcd.
The s866/brainpower controller I fitted prior to the one the other night worked great with no issues whatsoever so they look to be a bit hit and miss.
Yep idd send it back but my bike is my only transport so am stuck with it . I need my bike for tomorrow so I'll rebuild it right now I have power assist no speedo but it will do . If u can help point out a set that will work /controller an lcd I'll buy that

matt10

Jul 25, 2022
I was thinking time for a upgrade to 500watt kit . I was saving for a new battery this one is getting a bit old .I can then mess around with this one on a old bike I have in the shed

Advertisers