electric bike computer

russell

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2008
I have a 26" foldup electric bike Elife Grande which I think may have been purchased from Ideal World.

I am 76 years of age and try to keep myself in reasonable order by going out on my electric bike most days. I only use electric when I need to and cycle about 10-15 miles a day.

I want to fit a basic cycle computer so that I have a better idea of how far I have been, some days I feel better than others.
I have bought several of them and sent them all back because the sensor which fits on the spoke cannot be more 5mm from the receiver but the distance between the spoke and fork/receiver is 4.5 cm.

Does anyone know of a suitable, not too expensive computer that will fit.

Thanks

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If you have a smart phone with GPS you can use that. If you don't want to know details as you go you don't need to mount it on the bike, fiddle with it, or have the display on while riding. Just set it before you start and keep it in your pocket and it should be fine.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
Alternatively use one of the many cycling apps out there. Everyone has their favourite and plenty of opinions here....

TTFN
John.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can use a staandard cycle computer. Just put a block of something under the sensor to hold it off. Polystyrene, an old rubber, a piece of wood or anything like that can be cut to the right size block. If that still doesn't come close enough, you can stick another magnet on the one on the spoke, which increases the range of the magnetism and brings it closer. Often the spokes are closer to the fork in one position along their length, so make sure you put the magnet there and choose a spoke that overlaps outwards to gain another mm or two.

• Agree
Reactions: robert44

Advertisers