Electric bike problem

tushingham2

Pedelecer
May 9, 2020
Tushingham Electric Bikes
This electric folding bike came into my workshop, the guy was on holiday in France when his chain may have come off the chain ring and smashed the magnet disc for the PAS He was unable to get it working while on holiday but few days after he was back home brought his bike into my workshop. I fitted an identical five magnet disc and still not working in fact i tried 3 discs To get him back on the road again i fitted a twist throttle and now that was working. By accident i turned the pedal backwards and that had the motor working.
before anyone says reverse the disc i did and no different. Anyone an idea why ?

Attachments

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
what kind of connector you have at the pedal sensor?
if it's Julet type, swap out with another pedal sensor.

tushingham2

Pedelecer
May 9, 2020
thanks for your reply and interest it is appreciate.

All i did was remove the sensor from the chain side to left side and its working perfectly fin.

I am trying to work out why. Its away’s been on the chain side and never been a problem.

I experienced similar when i an electric conversion on a tandem

Ron

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
did the customer replace the pedal sensor? Basically, the programming of the controller can set the PAS to either polarity, single or dual Hall PAS. I use dual Hall for all my controllers. Dual Hall accepts both the North and South polarity so statistically saves time.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you can't change the PAS wiring. There are only 3 wires, +,- and signal.
Swapping out is the only simple way to find out what the mystery is.

tushingham2

Pedelecer
May 9, 2020
Hi You supplied a rear motor wheel to me for a client i fitted about 3 months ago
Tushingham Electric Bikes. we fitted it and his bike is running fine, a very happy guy to get his bike back and riding again

thanks Ron

Advertisers