Elife brake cable has come out of brake lever

russell

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2008
During the Lockdown I have been looking at what electric bikes are available. I have an Elife grande which I think is a Viking made for Ideal Home channel which is working fine.

I have found one up for sale which is a good price but it has a fault. One of the leads that goes into the brake lever has come out, since that happened the motor cuts out occasionally and I wondered if it was something I can sort out myself. I have attached a couple of pics if that helps.

Thank you4058340584

Attachments

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Your pics are blurred and I can't see properly. I suspect that the intermittant cut outs are caused by the red and lack wires touching. Insulate them from one another and should get rid of fault.
Post some clearer pictures and we will be able to help with the cable.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You only need one brake switch, so if you have one on the other lever, you can disconnect the faulty one.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Totally in agreeance with vfr, one only needs one working brake disconnect the brake connection.

russell

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2008
Your pics are blurred and I can't see properly. I suspect that the intermittant cut outs are caused by the red and lack wires touching. Insulate them from one another and should get rid of fault.
Post some clearer pictures and we will be able to help with the cable.

I have received another picture from the seller showing the broken cable

Attachments

Advertisers