Embarassing moments.....

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Brings to mind one of my most embarrassing moments, when I accidentally misdirected an email to the person I was criticising in it. :eek:

Links are dangerous things.
Probably best not to hijack the original thread further so we can continue this here :D

I had a similar embarrasing moment when I had been working every waking hour of the day on a s/w development project for six months. The client had really annoyed me by phoning me to discuss bugs on a Saturday night while I was out having dinner with friends at a restaurant. Needless to say I wrote an email to my boss on Monday morning and then had that horrible feeling just as I hit "Send".

Ten seconds later I flew downstairs to the server room frantically trying to figure out which modem was calling their server to deliver my message. Unfortunately I was too late, but I did manage to call the client's database administrator who said he would delete the email for me.

I was never sure whether he did or not, although I did receive a box of some rather fine wine the following week! :eek:

FatMog

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2007
why is it....

... that I can't possibly find time in any given day to shove the hoover round, but there's an infinity of time in that moment between the brain sending out the irrevocable 'yes, do the left click' nerve impulse and the finger moving, plenty of time for an ocean of regret and panic as you think 'nooooo!', and then the email is sent, or my personal favourite, several hours work is deleted FOREVER.

allotmenteer

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Aldershot, Hampshire
Unix woes

My worst moment was issuing an rm -rf * command in the wrong directory and deleting a running oracle database which was being used to demonstrate our new application to our USA office! Noooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:
Thank God I always make regular backups. :)

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Computers are a minefield for such moments, aren't they? But so are bikes, come to think of it, and I've had quite a few on those (its all in the past now :rolleyes:) which are too embarassing to reveal! :D

Stuart.

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
parking a car on a double yellow line while nipping into the bank.

and then locking the car with the key still in the ignition :D :D :D

thanks
Jed

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
going on a nudist beach thinking if i don't look at the other women i can retain control of my obvious delight in this situation:rolleyes:

it didn't work my back got well burnt that day:eek:

mike

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
that reminds me of the Kevin and Perry Go Large beach scene in the film :eek: :D

thanks
Jed

FatMog

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2007
going on a nudist beach
Ever been snorkelling on a nudist beach? I did once, on a clothes-optional beach... baaad idea, male members suddenly floating into view, nestling amid waving strands of... OK you get the picture. I nearly choked on my snorkel... :D

FatPete

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 26, 2007
London
How about parking your classic (wasn't when I did this) M.G. outside the Pub. With all my freinds and about 50 other people sitting outside in the garden. Shut door, go to run across busy road to join them. catch foot in non-innertia reel seatbelt and enter nose-road interface. Casually ask if anyone wants a drink while I go and get some tissues to stop the bleeding. :rolleyes:

Branwen

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2007
A couple on a cycle path seperated, one to either side, to let me through. As I sailed past, the plastic bags I had slung over the rear burst, and the potatoes I had bought for baking hit the wheels, spraying chunks of diced raw potato over both of them....

Advertisers