Review Error 530 bosch 1270 020 909 controler

markken

Just Joined
Nov 25, 2021
First of all I must say what a pain of a website. I read somewhere owners are seeing this error but im unable to reply to the thread. How difficult is it to insert a button that says reply to post or what ever. Chances are iv missed something.. can anyone advise please ?

Ok now that's out of my system back to the error 530. I have a bosch cx line 40volt 500w battery that started to intermittently show 530 error.
I opened the batt pack and found there are 2x small push on tube like connectors that were discolored due to heating.
I removed them with side cutters and soldered the connections solid with heat shrink. Problem solved.
Skip forward 3-4 months, another 530 error.
This time I cleaned the battery terminals. looking at them they look under rated. I used the pointy end of a cable tie with paper folded over the end and some acetone cleaner and cleaned the inside of the terminals. looking at the same terminals on the bike frame I also cleaned them and sprayed a with little CRC.
I'm quite sure the 530 error is because the voltage falls under load due to poor connections.

While water cant directly enter these terminals if its wet enough then this could be the problem. I think its a good idea to remove the battery pack every few weeks ans allow to completely dry and then some crc.
I also noted that when clipping the battery back into the bike it did not seem secure. Remove the plastic cover from the lock and readjust the mount so that it forces the pack into the terminals a bit further.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Mark ( New Zealand )

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
First of all I must say what a pain of a website. I read somewhere owners are seeing this error but im unable to reply to the thread. How difficult is it to insert a button that says reply to post or what ever.
I haven't a clue about Bosch motors, sorry. However, your not seeing a method 'Reply' to a post is strange. On my Windows PC there at least 3 ways of replying - what device/software are you using to view the forum? Your client software could be the issue rather than this lovely website?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
As Bikes4two said, you should have a button at the top right of the entire thread.
You should also have a reply button at the bottom left after each previous post.
If they are missing it is most likely to be a browser plugin causing the problem.

Advertisers