Faster charging with parallel chargers.

gkspud

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 24, 2016
scotland
Ended up with 2 chargers due to shipping times for one of em being too long and buying another elsewhere, after googling about it and not finding much or generally not advised i decided to ignore that and see what happens for myself, and surprisingly works just fine,

one

and 2 connected

using 2 cheap 2.5A chargers and it did 9.9ah charge in just under 3 hours, was near empty to full, 10.4ah pack

edit i am not responsible for escaping smoke, the kits to put it back in are getting scarce.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Ended up with 2 chargers due to shipping times for one of em being too long and buying another elsewhere, after googling about it and not finding much or generally not advised i decided to ignore that and see what happens for myself, and surprisingly works just fine,

one

and 2 connected

using 2 cheap 2.5A chargers and it did 9.9ah charge in just under 3 hours, was near empty to full, 10.4ah pack

edit i am not responsible for escaping smoke, the kits to put it back in are getting scarce.
All you are doing is increasing the charge current.

The charging current limit is not there because of limitations in the charger. Its there because the battery can be damaged by charging too fast.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

gkspud

Dec 24, 2016
scotland

The charging current limit is not there because of limitations in the charger. Its there because the battery can be damaged by charging too fast.

obviously pay attention to your battery specs, the cells in this one i have was charged in around an hour with the original charger.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can damage batteries by charging too fast. With any battery, the faster you charge it, the shorter its life. Don't do it unless you have to.

gkspud

Dec 24, 2016
scotland

this charger is underpowered for this battery, 2 are aswell, original charger was 3.6A 145W for 1/4 of this pack, as its made from macallister garden tool batteries.
edit just looked up cell specs, standard charge is .5A and rapid charge is 4A, which is higher than i thought, as original charger worked out about 1.8A

Last edited:

Advertisers