Fazua motor settings?

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
My new bike has arrived and I'm a bit scared of it

I have to set the motor on my laptop for 3 different settings and I dont really understand them

My brother says I won't miss my throttle!! But I am a bit lost

I struggle pulling away at lights and roundabouts, climbing hills and some days I just don't have many spoons so I need more help. I have fatigue and strength issues and can barely walk half a mile but can cycle on my Crusa for hours (or until the battery dies)

I think I need to start off choosing between

"Breeze: mellow and gentle acceleration.
River: stronger but still natural acceleration.
Rocket: strong and noticeable acceleration."

In my ignorance I'm leaning towards River (mainly cos I like the name, big Dr Who fan)

Help!

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
But I don't understand what all that means for me

I understand gears as easier to pedal and harder to pedal- my current bike I ride on 1 (power) and use that to increase fornhills and my throttle to increase for pulling away from stop

But if River is harder to peal I'm back at breeze I guess

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
"Rocket" sounds like the maximum level of assistance possible, but "Rocket" can be boosted beyond the factory set "moderate" Rocket profile, select that and see how it goes? Then if necessary, customise "Rocket" to suit you better, using the "Advanced" tab.

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Looks interesting and not too difficult. Should ride fine straight out of the box without changing anything, but can be tweaked quite a lot.

I would just get some miles on the clock, analyse how you would like it to be different, and if the Fazua website and the video @Guernsey linked above don't make enough sense, maybe describe what you have and what you would like so that we can help / mislead in equal measure!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
But I don't understand what all that means for me

I understand gears as easier to pedal and harder to pedal- my current bike I ride on 1 (power) and use that to increase fornhills and my throttle to increase for pulling away from stop

But if River is harder to peal I'm back at breeze I guess
What are you going to use this bike for? Were you already a regular cyclist?

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
I got my first ebike on 2017 and was regularly doing up to 30 miles on a round trip but a dying battery and worsening health has limited me to about 8 miles - my 2nd battery lasted half as long as my first!

I love the throttle to get me away at a junction as I don't have a lot of power in my legs

I use it for shopping, appointments, fun and visiting places - I used to do Stratford to Bromley and back, and I get the train to places (Liverpool, Cambridge, norwich) and cycle there

It's easier than the video I just plug the cable in to my computer no tools needed (at least I think I do!!)
And i set everything to moderate to start with

I'm off first thing to look at a new seat as mine is wrong for this bike and I have to persuade my husband to loosen the handlebars as they are too low

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The system is a dual torque drive with some cadence sensing, the three default powers levels are 100w, 210w & 250w.
But one assumes using the app these can be tweeked ?

A torque sensing drive requires rider input pressure on the pedals and not just cadence roatation of the Crusa.

The difference between this and the Woosh Crusa, it had twice as much power .

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That video makes more sense with the sound turned off! According to video lizard eyed beardyface baldy at 2m 10s, the highest octane you'll ever get Rocketing is 300W. Is your brother a strong cyclist? Is this bike a hand-me-down? What seems a decent level of assistance for him, might not be for you? If it doesn't cut the mustard with everything maxed, I suggest selling it or sending it back to Stockholm, and getting a more powerful pedelec.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Which bike do you have exactly? I'm sortof tempted to download and install the software for a play, then upload a profile with everything set to stun... but the software probably requires Windows 10, which I refuse to have anywhere near my own computers, and I could end up getting sued if you get injured using that profile.

Reactions: Katymac

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
I probably couldn't find you to sue you

Trial and error is the way to go I reckon

It's been built for me ....so the motor is a fazua road 50 I think

I have Windows but there were other options I think not just apple

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That battery is small though:

" 252 WH Capacity; 36 V "

You might have trouble ascending long steep hills?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You might be fine, you won't know until you try. By way of illustration, here is my battery voltage (I hadn't charged before this journey) going downhill: 35.9V

...a few minutes later going up a bit of a hill, voltage drops to 32.4V...

...but because my battery is a big 690Wh/19.2Ah it copes fine, voltage sag isn't too much, the controller didn't cut power to the motor.

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I leave it in warp speed all the time. Limits range, but what the hell.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I leave it in warp speed all the time. Limits range, but what the hell.
When my battery is fully charged warp is easy, probably on your Bosch too... but the OP has a less powerful motor than our mid-drives, and a smaller battery - we don't know the controller's current draw and Low Voltage Cutoff however, so (when charge is low/not fully charged) it might cope with hills fine without cutting out, but require more effort from the rider. I'm not fit enough for that bike, that's for sure.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I probably couldn't find you to sue you
He's not exactly difficult to find. Last time I searched for him, I just looked at one of the live online satellite images of the UK and saw a great big bright spot over Dudley. When I zoomed in, it was a bicycle thing with high intensity lights all over it. The next night, I waited at the pub for him to go past. He wasn't easy to miss because night turned to day. Me and my mates ran out of the pub and tried to grab him, but, unfortunately for us, he was a bit later than we expected. Therefore, we had drunk a bit more than expected and were legless, so couldn't catch him.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and guerney

Advertisers