Fiido d2 wont turn on

Teddyfur

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2023
Hi i have got a Fiido d2 when i turn the key on the screen comes on the dies il post videos
I have replaced controller and also screen which incorporates the throttle. Any ideas of were to look next Still awaiting response for FIIDO not impresswd with there support.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I'm not sure I can understand what's happening because you don't show enough. If the key is on the battery and the voltage goes down when you switch on, you have a short somewhere- probably a blown MOSFET in the controller. A Blown MOSFET doesn't happen while your bike is parked in the garage overnight. It normally happens when you stall the motor or go too slow up a hill. How did your problem start?

Teddyfur

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2023
Sorry it wouldnt let me upload the videos. I have fitted a new controller. I have bought as a spare or repair. Thinking it was just a controller fault i have replaced the throttle sensor aswell as the hall sensor was dislodged. I have disconnected pedal sensor and motor sensor and tried to turn on same thing happens. Im all out of ideas

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You're jumping all over the place. start from the beginning: How did your bike get the fault? What were the circumstances when it stopped working?

Teddyfur

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2023
Hi
I purchased the bike second hand and not working as a spare or repair, so do not know when or how the fault started. There is 40.1 volts on the battery as soon as i turn it on the screen flashes on then goes i left my meter on and the battery drops to 2 volts. If you then turn the bike off the battery slowly goes back up to 40.1 volts.
I have fitted a new controller on the bike same thing occurred. While investigating the issue i stripped the throttle cable and the hall sensor was damaged this may be from someone previously investigating this fault so i have replaced this also.
It does look like something is draining the battery straight away.
fitted on the bike is a horn ,light and a usb phone charger i may look at disconnecting these in case they are faulty. I have emailed Fiido but they are slow to respond.
Cheers

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I have replaced controller and also screen which incorporates the throttle.
It depends which version of D2 you're talking about, but from your description I'm guessing it's an earlier model which uses the part shown below. If it is, that's what you replaced, and you bought it off ebay rather than Fiido, the wiring is different and (from previous D2 issues raised here on this forum) likely the cause of your problems.
As for Fiido support: You need to remember they're in a totally different time zone; they're awake whilst you're asleep. If you clearly described your problem (they do like videos best), they usually reply within 24 hours.

As an aside, it sounds as if your battery is knackered. 40.1 volts is low, and to drop to 2v without something fusing or melting suggests it hasn't got much oomph left in it.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I was assuming that the bike was working one day and not the next and that the key was on the battery. If it's on the throttle, there could still be a short, but in that case wires would probably start melting. Now that we have more of the story, it's more probable that the battery is knackered. Charge it right, measure the voltage and tell us what it is.

billybootlegg

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2023
Evening. Does anyone know where i can get connector block casing for Fiido D2 and D2s . (Attached photo is controller WK3615YS circa 2020 has white clip on blocks) . I also have controller WK3615MS circa 2019 which has green sleeve like connectors.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Advertisers