Fiido x controller

Grinch24

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2022
Hi
I had the fiido x v1 and opted for a d21 replacement and wanted to utilise the electronics of the x on my d21. I have so far been able to get the everything working on the d21 frame. The only issue I have is the keypad that is needed to activate the bike power. I have managed to attach this to the bike with cable ties but am interested in being able to programme the controller to not need the keypad to activate the power. The controller is a mivice c201 and has and Upgrade Maintenance Method of Serial Uart. Is there anyway to connect to this controller to alter the programme? Tia

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
If you don't want the keypad locking, why would you change the controller? I don't understand what benefit the X controller might offer over the D21 one? Electrically, both bikes use the same torque sensor and the same display, similar seat-post batteries, just different motors. I'm just curious.

Grinch24

Apr 25, 2022
If you don't want the keypad locking, why would you change the controller? I don't understand what benefit the X controller might offer over the D21 one? Electrically, both bikes use the same torque sensor and the same display, similar seat-post batteries, just different motors. I'm just curious.
The x motor, controller, brakes and torque sensor are completely different to the d21. The x electronic set up is better and I got the replacement d21 virtually straight away so no waiting for x v2. So I decided to put the superior electronics and brakes on the d21. Although you have to have the keypad with the controller on the x. So I was wondering if the x controller could be programmed to be used without the need of the kepad to clean up the install of the components on the d21 frame. Hope this clears it up.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Yes, I re-read your previous thread here and get the picture.

I'm not sure the TS is different (it's a common part used in many Fiido bikes), just the controller due to the extra functionality added by the keypad, and the way it's programmed for the D31 350w AKM motor being higher wound.

Of the 2900+ Fiido X bikes scrapped due to (possible) frame fracture, and that you didn't need to return the whole bike, it'd be a fair bet someone else must have already tried transposing parts. I don't think there are many X owners here. Have you posted on FB Owners - plenty of tinkerers there? I'd also ask Fiido support - what's the worst that can happen?

Grinch24

Apr 25, 2022
Yes, I re-read your previous thread here and get the picture.

I'm not sure the TS is different (it's a common part used in many Fiido bikes), just the controller due to the extra functionality added by the keypad, and the way it's programmed for the D31 350w AKM motor being higher wound.

Of the 2900+ Fiido X bikes scrapped due to (possible) frame fracture, and that you didn't need to return the whole bike, it'd be a fair bet someone else must have already tried transposing parts. I don't think there are many X owners here. Have you posted on FB Owners - plenty of tinkerers there? I'd also ask Fiido support - what's the worst that can happen?
The torque sensor is definitely different. The torque sensor on the x is from same manufacturer as controller (mivice). Controller and torque sensor on d21 are generic and not compatible with x electronics.
One person on a fb page said that they had managed to do it but is an old post. I have reached out but nothing yet.
The install is ok everything works but keypad looks out of place and it's vaunrable to the elements. Would be one less thing to go wrong if it can be engineered out.
I have asked fiido but they seem reluctant to give any help and the controller manufacturer is also not keen to help.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclebuddy

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I checked out mivice. The controller must be custom programmed to allow locking of the battery, that Malaysian 15kph annoying beep every few seconds which can be enabled/disabled from the keypad, and generally disabling the electrics... and that it works with a Yolin display rather than their own HMI. Disabling the keypad would defeat its principle purpose of locking the battery/disabling the bike against theft, so my guess is it's unlikely anyone official is going to tell you how (if) it can be done.

If you're going to be stuck with the keypad, maybe a 3D printed or OTS plastic project box mounted under the existing controller would be a discreet/waterproof solution (or in a saddlebag/rack-mount trunk bag)?

Grinch24

Apr 25, 2022
I checked out mivice. The controller must be custom programmed to allow locking of the battery, that Malaysian 15kph annoying beep every few seconds which can be enabled/disabled from the keypad, and generally disabling the electrics... and that it works with a Yolin display rather than their own HMI. Disabling the keypad would defeat its principle purpose of locking the battery/disabling the bike against theft, so my guess is it's unlikely anyone official is going to tell you how (if) it can be done.

If you're going to be stuck with the keypad, maybe a 3D printed or OTS plastic project box mounted under the existing controller would be a discreet/waterproof solution (or in a saddlebag/rack-mount trunk bag)?
I do have a 3d printer so may look in to that.
I agree with you with everything it is unlikely for manufacturers to help.
Thanks for your interest in my post.
I'm sure I will come up with a solution

ZenMorris

Just Joined
May 26, 2024
Hi, can i ask if the d21 mod with fiido x. Did you get the throttle to work ?? did you swap the torque sensor over or use original one if so will the pa work plugged into a torque cable ??? thanks - Paul

Advertisers