Flu

SEATALTEA

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Find out what your local emergency planning dept/Police/NHS etc have planned in the event of us stepping up to WHO level 6 Pandemic.

Regional and Local Plans

Fascinating reading, I'm off to get a new chest freezer tomorrow and it will be filled by Sunday. I'm sure there's an old shotgun at the back of the garage....

In my region I can look forward to 24hr a day cremations, civil unrest, the widespread deaths of the elderly with mass graves an option. Fan bleeding tastic.

Thankfully in an effort to live YouTube - The Good Life: Series 1 Episode 6 (Part 1 of 3) the garden is well stocked this year and the lettuce is already on the table.

Now where is that copy of 28 Weeks Later................

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
I know one shouldn't make light of all the effort that goes into producing the plans but sometimes a little thought of the meaning of the numbers might help.

In the Hertfordshire plan for the "Excess Death Plan" there is a breakdown of the likely deaths and the numbers which will be awaiting burial which points out that in week there will be 5958.75 awaiting disposal. (note not 5958 or 5959) ~ obviously taken from a computer output without thought.

Remember the total number of deaths worldwide is now only 13.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Anyone else feel a pun coming on?

Just to lighten the moment you'll understand..

Last edited:

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
On a slightly, but only slightly, more serious note does anyone suffer from the feeling that they have to blow a slightly snivelling nose after about three miles in the morning. (Does not seem to happen in the evening). It occurs even when I have no other cold systems.

There are not many stops on my commute, but I always seem to have to have one for a hankerchief break!!!!

Would some cyclists even think they have swine flu when they may just have "Cyclists nose"?

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
On a slightly, but only slightly, more serious note does anyone suffer from the feeling that they have to blow a slightly snivelling nose after about three miles in the morning. (Does not seem to happen in the evening). It occurs even when I have no other cold systems.

There are not many stops on my commute, but I always seem to have to have one for a hankerchief break!!!!

Would some cyclists even think they have swine flu when they may just have "Cyclists nose"?
I certainly do, though I think it's just cold air making my eyes water - aggravated in my case by wearing contact lenses. It's definitely much worse in cold weather, even with a full face motorbike helmet (no, I don't wear that on the e-bike....)

Rog.

Advertisers