Folding pedals

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
Can anybody point me in the direction of folding pedals that can be used with toe clips or straps , I need a set for my wife's folding trike as she suffers with MS and her feet have a tendency to slip from the pedals

Many thanks

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I am building a set of pedals with toe clips and straps or I should say when DHL releases my box from bad logistics hell, three days from Germany to Biarritz where they have been holding it hostage for 4 days...

My design could possibly be adapted to folding pedals, I will be posting photos when they are done.

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
Many thanks ,I await your photos, I found some on mission cycles but they want £90 for them which I thought a bit steep

Cheers
Chris

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Haas pedals look the best and I am using them for inspiration, they are +£27 a pedal on a UK site... :eek:

The plan is a Zefal toe clip and bungee cord, with or without webbing, to be decided. I can ride for hours on my tadpole but when you try and relax you have to keep your feet on the pedals and I get cramp in my calf muscles. The bungee cord should enable me to take pressure off without my foot falling off the pedal.

Otherwise you could look at good old fashioned road pedals with straps. They only work well with narrow shoes from back in the day though, not the comfortable Decathlon walking shoes I like to wear now.

There is a new wide strap pedal that looks interesting, you have to twist your foot to get it in or out.

If I had a 3D printer near me I would try and prototype a sliding heel support with tension spring (or bungee cord). That and a Zefal toe clip would be integrated into my ergotec pedals https://www.ergotec.de/en/products/pedale/sub/city-trekking-pedale/produkt/ep-1.html

If my prototype works on ordinary pedals I will go for these https://www.ergotec.de/en/products/pedale/sub/city-trekking-pedale/produkt/ep-urban.html Ergotec pedals are so comfortable and the most slip free pedal I have ever used. At 47 € a pair a long term investment!

For the moment my bits are lost in DHL logistic hell... :( 3 days from Germany, 4 days and counting in Biarritz, 21 km from here :confused:

Reactions: Chris.L

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have done all the mounting of bits missing on the bike including toe clips on the pedals and now just need to go to the shipchandler in Hendaye (11 km ride planned for Monday) to get some black (fashion victim...) bungee cord to finish them off. My particular pedals lend themselves to using some webbing and a stainless D ring for the rear strap. SWMBO will be doing the sewing in her factory so it may take a few days more before photos.

Reactions: Chris.L

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
I think that we are sorted now with the pedals for the wife's folding trike , managed to buy a set of Mks - Esprit EZY superior detachable pedals new on Ebay for £30 from Swindon cycles and they have thrown a set of clips and straps in for free

Advertisers