Fun2ride Upgrade

robert1976

Pedelecer
Aug 18, 2015
Really confused what way to go for the best. Im uk based so limited to 15 mph I do 12 miles a day and the bike can really struggle on last stretch and on wet windy days. Its 200 watt brush less motor. run via a 36 volt 10ah lithium battery and 36 v speed controller.
It seams a waste to chuck away the controller, battery and charger, for new one but also a waste to buy and fit additional 36 volt 10ah battery to run in line.

What do people recommend ???

Id like better acceleration but not essential.
I really do need a longer range.
I really would like more up hill torque although with improved range this would come.

I would also be interested in more speed for off road use say 20 mph Like american versions. So maybe a way of switching restriction on and off. (Like I used to have on my Petrol scooter. It was limited to 28 mph but a in-line switch aloud me it to achieve 45 mph. when going between my cbt and moped license. depending on carrying pillion or not.)
I really want to spend as little as possible but still be practicable.
Bike has Cruise control.
Attached is pics off speed controller.
Thanks look forward to ideas and suggestions
Ps does anyone know what the orange wire is for ?speed1.jpg speed2.jpg speed3.jpg speed4.jpg speed5.jpg speed1.jpg speed2.jpg speed3.jpg speed4.jpg speed5.jpg speed6.jpg

Advertisers