General question about increasing speed PAS Rockrider E-ST 500

urgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 7, 2020
Hi all

I create new thread here but no much respond ;)

as advice of member #Andy McNish I would like to ask more experienced people here

Day 1

########################################################################################
I have few days Decathlon ROCKRIDER E-ST500 Electric Mountain Bike
Taken e-bike for 1st ride around block 5mls to adjust all what need it and I have to say is OK but speed limit to 25km/h find to low.

I can manage easily travelling speed 27-30 km/h and PAS is OFF - pushing from 0 by 250W motor to speed 25 km/h is good help but now I am going to look for some speed remover.

Anyone have any idea how to TRICK THUN 128 torque converter ? Or shut I focus for controller?

A my research for now looks like is 5 pin THUN 128 THUN 128.PNG with analog 0-5V torque signal and PWM for cadence 1/2

Controller looks like this from E-ST 500 V2 controller V2.PNG but is inside metal case on my V1 ebike
I will look inside if is and mods available

BTW anyone know what for is connector in red circle ? This-one is not connected to anywhere...
Maybe brake switch?

DAY 2
########################################################################################

We can forget to any modes on BTWIN decathlon bikes...

Is full of resin glue and no chance to back engineering :mad:

Only want I able to do change in setting my wheel size from 28'' to 24'' which I hope increase some max speed but I guess will be in theory 14.82 % to max = 28.75 km/h

Anyone have any idea what is dual connector which is not plugged anywhere ?

Just wondering if rear wheel transmitting speed signal to controller and I will copy this signal and make ½ of it by DIY electronic circuit max speed shut be increased to max limit of the motor (250W 42N.m)+ actual state of battery.

Anyone any thoughts ..

here are some pictures :

2020-03-08 12.11.31.jpg
cover out from top all is ALU case screwed to chassy

2020-03-08 12.15.01.jpg
only one sticker on regulator but google dint find anything 1846 P217-00005 Hyena

2020-03-08 12.17.15.jpg 2020-03-08 12.17.19.jpg
All electronic is full of resin glue to avoid manipulation

2020-03-08 12.25.35.jpg 2020-03-08 12.30.22.jpg
connectors to LCD and to the torque sensor

Attachments

Last edited:

garlofrank

Just Joined
Jan 2, 2021
Anyone have any idea what is dual connector which is not plugged anywhere ?
HI urgi. Two pin connector is for light, I think.
When you turn ON the display lighting, you get a current of 6 volts in the two-pin connector.
Any news about the speed? I works on this now.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Your photos show that there is a comms link to the battery, so your battery probably won't work with a different controller. It's the controller that fixes the maximum speed, though sometimes, if you know the secret method, you can change that parameter through the LCD in advanced settings, Also, with the right software and connector, you can reprogram the controller through the LCD connector.

The speed limit is independent of the torque sensor, so you can forget about doing anything there.

The motor has a speed sensor in it that sends a pulsed signal to the controller. That's the only place where you might be able to hack the system using a device that receives the speed signal and retransmits it at a different frequency. There are various electronic devices that can do that from simple frequency dividers to do it or you can use an Arduino to process the signal in any way you want. The speed sensor has a 5v supply in the motor cable, so all you have to do is branch into them to get the power supply for your device - no battery needed.

I can't guarantee that this works because it's feasible that the controller's software does a plausibility check against the motor hall sensor signals, but I'd say that if you have the speed sensor in the motor, then there's a good chance that you can hack it.

garlofrank

Just Joined
Jan 2, 2021
Hi vfr400.
Thanks for your reply. I think the same. When I have the time I will try to measure the signals although I also have to find a suitable connector. Cheers

Stevo88

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 10, 2020
Any joy with this? I have the same bike and would like to derestrict for use in private land.

Sid10

Just Joined
Feb 28, 2021
I am struggling to change the wheel size to try and get more speed, anyone able to tell me how to do it please?

Thijs2914

Just Joined
Sep 26, 2021
Ik heb moeite om de wielmaat te veranderen om meer snelheid te krijgen, kan iemand me vertellen hoe ik dit moet doen?
[/CITAAT]
ls het u al gelukt? Ik ben ook op zoek naar een manier om de wielmaat te veranderen. Kunt u mij uitleg geven?

Advertisers