Genius?

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Some while ago there was a radio programme called Genius with Dave Gorman. Participants put forward radical ideas which were judged by the audience as Genius or not. What ideas would forum members promote and how would they be judged?

Here's a couple of my hobby horses to start with:

1. Exhaust pipes should be attached to the roofs of cars. That way the polluter may not pay,but at least they will choke. I suspect that clean air will become a political priority. At the moment only infants and dogs directly inhale exhaust and they can neither vote nor buy cars.

2. Neil and Christine Hamilton should be offered the roles of the Thernadiers in Les Mis. Can't you see them singing Master of the House?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
great show - they then made a TV version which was very dumbed down. Shame as it could have been so much better. Aslo check out Mark Thomas' radio 4 series The Manifesto (still 3 episodes on iplayer) as its similar-ish idea. Very good

2 ideas for you of varying seriousness

1. People who got on the train first and got a seat should bloomin' well have to wait until all the rest of us (who have stood for the last hour) to get off. They should not stand up, look at you in an accusory fashion as if to say "how dare you be in the bit of corridor space by my seat" and then demand you make way for them

2. The Magpie Trap. Cages full ofshiny things should be left wherever there are magpies. These cages should have a automatic trapping mechanism that ties a rope to the magpies foot once it flies in. As soon as another magpie flies in then the mechisim ties the first mapie to the second one and releases them both (albeit tied together)

This would ensure that no-one ever saw just one magpie and, as a resuklt, there would be a great deal less bad luck for individuals, communities and ultimetly the world would be a happier, luckier place.

There may be a few minor comments from RSPB but I'm sure they could be worked out

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
Just 1.
Garden soil should be electrified so that every time a cat p***** or s**** on it, it gets a shock. That'd do it.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Just 1.
Garden soil should be electrified so that every time a cat p***** or s**** on it, it gets a shock. That'd do it.
I'm sure a device could be devised that would scoop up the offending cat pooh and launch it back towards the owner's house.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I use a super soaker water gun to great effect. Once they've been got once they cr@p in someone else's garden

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I think that the sat-nav voice should change it's dialect according the region the car is travelling in.
This would help alleviate the boredom of the journey and teach young ones the variations of English in the land.

Advertisers