Gepida sirmium

Philipg

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 11, 2019
I have a Gepida Sirmium with the Yamaha mid drive electric motor.. 26v
My battery has stopped working... I was going to fit a universal battery. The original battery uses 3 connections. +26 v 0v and a 3rd connection.
Does anyone know how to configure the 3rd connection.?
Thanks Phil

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight. The 26v threw me. I didn't know Yamaha made a 26V motor. If there are three wires, the third wire must be for one of two functions. It could be an NTC sensor for temperature, in which case it will have a resistance to the ground wire in the order of Kohms; or it could be a remote switch, in which case it'll have 5v or 12v on it.

Philipg

Apr 11, 2019
Thanks for your reply... I opened the battery case and the white wire is marked on the board "Det" and I can't find any info on it...
Cheers Phil

Philipg

Apr 11, 2019
Yes... but I don't know what it detects
I have been searching the net for information. It seems that the white wire sends data to the motor and display. I have found a few sites in Holland who rebuild the battery and can supply a new bms. One of the sites can supply a board with bms for Gepida bikes with data out to run the motor.. I'll be contacting them to find out what what the options are. Thanks for the replies.
Cheers Phil

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
For data, you normally need three wires for the communication to work, plus you need a battery positive , so four in total in the connector.

Bat +, ground, Tx and Rx.

I've never seen a battery with a single comms wire before.

Philipg

Apr 11, 2019
For data, you normally need three wires for the communication to work, plus you need a battery positive , so four in total in the connector.

Bat +, ground, Tx and Rx.

I've never seen a battery with a single comms wire before.
The wire only sends data from the battery.. it does not recieve data.. the controller is in the motor.. if the controller does not recieve the correct signal from the battery then the motor will not work.
Cheers Phil

Philipg

Apr 11, 2019
The wire only sends data from the battery.. it does not recieve data.. the controller is in the motor.. if the controller does not recieve the correct signal from the battery then the motor will not work.
Cheers Phil
Below is a pic of the connection on the bike. 15552295222589266440.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Cheers Phil
That's feasible, but would be extremely unusual. Normally when you have a data connection, it's two way. Also, with one way communication, the comms wire would have to be sending all the time, including when the battery is sitting on a shelf, because it wouldn't know when it's connected. The electronics to send the data needs power, so the battery would go flat every time you stored it.

Philipg

Apr 11, 2019
The battery has a microprocessor which monitors the temperature, voltage and battery level... It constantly sends data to the controller... and the controller then sends the power to the motor. If the data is not present then the motor will not work.

Philipg

Apr 11, 2019
The battery has a microprocessor which monitors the temperature, voltage and battery level... It constantly sends data to the controller... and the controller then sends the power to the motor. If the data is not present then the motor will not work.
Another question.. would it be possible to replace the Yamaha controller with an external one?
Cheers Phil

Advertisers