Getting a Bosch Battery Tested

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
Anyone know if it's possible to get a Bosch battery checked?
I bought a new one last week and it seems way more powerful than my old one.
As the old one is still in warranty, just, I'd like to get something done before it runs out if possible

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a bosch dealer can test it but my newish 500w gives way more power to the point you can notice it but jimmy can recell them for 300 quid if it is working and charging.

you can choose which cells you want and how they are welded together

nickle
copper
silver tho this will cost more but is the best conductor of electric

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Anyone know if it's possible to get a Bosch battery checked?
I bought a new one last week and it seems way more powerful than my old one.
As the old one is still in warranty, just, I'd like to get something done before it runs out if possible
I think you will see that the warranty only says something along the lines of '70% of the original' (don't know the details) [correction ... looks as if it is 80%; vfr400 below certainly knows more than I do]. Any shop that sells Bosch bikes should be able to check the battery; but if you didn't buy the bike from them they don't have any incentive not to grossly overcharge you.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my lbs wants £45 to plug in a usb cable but you can get a half bike service for 30 and a full one for 60:rolleyes:

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
Raceco in Stourbridge will do plug-in diagnostics for free and a proper discharge test for £35 (they contacted me tonight after I asked the same question on FB).

Reactions: Spencer Ivy

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
a bosch dealer can test it but my newish 500w gives way more power to the point you can notice it but jimmy can recell them for 300 quid if it is working and charging.
That's good to know, but while it's still under warranty I'd rather Bosch paid for the replacement.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave
D

Deleted member 25121

December 2017, so I was surprised at the low number of charges.
Bosch count partial charges as such so that 4 quarter charges would be logged at a single charge, not 4 charges.
92% looks good to me for a 2 year old Bosch battery.

Related Articles

Advertisers