Grease is the word....

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all the tape does is cover the spoke holes tho if you have loose fitting tyres you can add more tape so the tyre is a tighter fit.

25mm should be fine as if it is a real tight fit you dont want any tape on the rim side wall as you will just end up ripping it getting the tyre on.

tl ready rims only have one hole for the valve so no need for tape but it did not stop stans carving a hole in my old cb wheels non corrosive my ass.

stans is no1 tho and effetto comes second for sealing holes but it cost ner double and have to clean it out now and then.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
That caffelatex system looks pretty good....Back to work today (Work in an outdoor centre) and asked a few of the instructors who bike a lot (but hate e bikes lol) about TL and without exception all said it was far better than running tubes and punctures were none existent as the tyre seals itself- a major blow or rip obviously needs a boot and a tube. The Tubeless strip and valve for this system comes in 3 widths- my rims are 25mm int/30mm ext so not sure what width of tape to go for... the Effetto website bases it on external width and it should be "L" or 30-35mm but would a "M" 25-29mm fit better? The Park vid I saw said not to exceed the internal width of the rim when applying tape??? Not exactly clear....!!!
I would suggest taking the front tyre off your bike, and checking to see if your wheel set is already tubeless ready. It seems daft paying for a kit if you don't require it.

My Lycan which was very early one, wasn't, but the more recent Fogo was. The tape was pre installed from new, and if the same as mine, it was blue with "tubeless ready" printed on it. There might also be a valve set with the bike, but my bike only came with one for some reason.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Barrio Barranco

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Well the parcel arrived today....good enough from Germany to the Highlands....but.......
What was advertised (granted, even using the EAN number it does not specify the size of tube for the grease)

Bosch Grease 1.jpg

What turned up.....

Bosch Grease 2.jpg

Now- the tube that SW linked to looks identical to the one in their advert (75g), but this one that has arrived is just 20g and looks jack sh*t like the one in the photo- staging this photo you can see clearly the fact it is way smaller in relation/proportion to the dust seals.... It is still a good enough deal and cheaper seals than the UK but I'm going to email and complain that they have mis-sold me the grease by showing a much larger tube then sending something clearly different....watch this space lol

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
where did u get it from ?

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Bike-Discount.de - They have quite a lot of decent stuff and can work out cheaper (need to up my servicing game with the KTM, especially foam rings/crush washers and retainers for the Pike forks...)
Buy before Brexit lol

D

Deleted member 128

Well the parcel arrived today....good enough from Germany to the Highlands....but.......
What was advertised (granted, even using the EAN number it does not specify the size of tube for the grease)

View attachment 28467

What turned up.....

View attachment 28468

Now- the tube that SW linked to looks identical to the one in their advert (75g), but this one that has arrived is just 20g and looks jack sh*t like the one in the photo- staging this photo you can see clearly the fact it is way smaller in relation/proportion to the dust seals.... It is still a good enough deal and cheaper seals than the UK but I'm going to email and complain that they have mis-sold me the grease by showing a much larger tube then sending something clearly different....watch this space lol
https://www.bike24.com/p2236692.html also shows that Bosch part number 1270020133 should come with 75g of grease, it loks like there's been a mistake somewhere

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
looks like same price and 50% less free lol, tho it was way over priced anyway now there just taking the ****!

D

Deleted member 128

From Bike-discount.de or bike24.com??
My bearing protection kit arrived today, great service again from bike-discount.de, and like you I received just 20g of grease. Did you get anywhere when you questioned this with them?

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Hi Electrify- Just heard from a Jennifer Harz.... I'll just cut and paste the content from when I first contacted them....I thought Germans were stereotypically efficient too....lol

Me:
Hello,
Today I have received my order for the Bosch service kit of 5 dust seals and tube of grease. I bought the kit on reference from the photo you have on your website which I have attached as "Bosch Grease 1" which shows the 5 seals and a 75g tube of Bosch Grease.

What I received today (see photo Bosch Grease 2) was a very different looking and much smaller tube (20g) than the one in the advertised photo. I have photographed it in a similar photo to the advert and you can clearly see it is much much smaller when compared to the dust seals in both photos.

This seems to me to be false advertising and I would appreciate it if you could send me the grease I should have received according to the advertised photo. I have googled the "EAN" number and it does not show the tube of grease you have sent me.

Kindest regards

Her:
Dear Mr. C,

please notice that you ordered item 20034759 Service Kit Bearing Protection. The tube has 20g not 75g.

Nowhere is written that the tube have 75g in our item information.

Right is, that it is another tube, like the picture.

Please tell us, if you would like return the item for refund the purchasing price or if we send you item 20034759 again with 20g Tube.

Thank you.

Me:

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the reply. If you can send the item again with 20g tube that will be ok.

I think you need to make it clear on the website- because the item has Bosch number- "Manufacturer Item no.: 1270020133"

If you compare this same manufacturers number to another website- it makes clear that for the same manufacturers number it is a 75g tube of grease that should be with the service kit and it is the same photo your site uses
Here is a link:

Bosch Service Kit Bearing Protection Rings for Active Line | Performance Line | Performance Line CX - 1270020133

Bosch Service Kit Bearing Protection Rings for Active Line | Performance...
Bike24 GmbH
Bosch service kit including 5 bearing protection rings and a 75g grease tube for covering of the bearing sockets...

I thank you for your help today.

Kindest regards

Her:

Dear Mr. C,

thank you for reply.

Please return the incorrectly delivered item for an exchange.

Please download the parcel stamp necessary for returning the product. You can find it on www.bike-discount.de in your customer summary when selecting “Return item”.
There you will find the return label as well, which is used to indicate the reason for the return.

If receiving an error message when printing the parcel stamp, especially for foreign addresses, please doublecheck the digits for the postcode, as well as the house number in your personal data:
UK: xxxx xx (note the space)
NL: xxxx xx (note the space)
AT: when adjusting the invoice address please make sure the house number shows digits only

After receiving your return we will immediately send out the correct product.
In case we no longer have the product you will receive a refund.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope for your understanding.

For any other questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

(I was confused here because it seemed she was offering a refund "OR" sending it out again...??)

Me:
Hello,

I don't understand why I need to send the item back, this is very inconvenient. The 5 dust seals are present but you have not sent the correct amount of grease- only 20g when the "Manufacturer Item no.: 1270020133" states that this item should have had a 75g tube of grease? Can you not just send some more grease (maybe 3 x 20g tubes?)
The advert you placed online was misleading and showed a much bigger tube, and I was hoping to place more orders from your company, but now I think twice because who knows if what I think I am buying will turn up or you will send something totally different?!!

This could be easily sorted by just sending more grease and accepting that you have not sent what you advertised.

Many thanks

So......"After receiving your return we will immediately send out the correct product" is effectively saying they have made a mistake, but I'm not fannying about printing labels and sending stuff back when it is as clear as day that they have mis-sold me.....and you too. Jeez it would be so simple to send out the extra grease and be done with it....

It's a bit of a game now tbh but I will rip them up for sh*tty paper on trust pilot etc if they don't sort it!!!

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
And the reply:

Dear Mr C,

thank you for reply.

Please notice the following:

In our online shop our article numbers and description are binding. Not those of the manufacturer and also not his description on his website.

In our online shop it is clearly stated that it is a 20g tube.

In addition, we entered the manufacturer number on the Bosch page itself and nothing was found.

We will send you the right Service Kit free of charge as a gesture of goodwill.

We wish you a nice week an fun with our products.

Best Regards

Jennifer Harz

Now- "In our online shop it is clearly stated that it is a 20g tube"

That's bullsh*t for a start...as of now:
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/bosch-service-kit-bearing-protection-ring-drive-unit-5-bearing-rings-including-grease-570055

States nothing of the size of tube of grease.....

(Stumbled on this link though...it actually states that it's 20g from their site but it seems like nobody knows what it's meant to be....!!!
https://www.elektrofahrrad24.de/bosch-e-bike-service-kit-active-und-performance)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so if they sent you the wrong kit then what are they going to send you as that is the only option on there site to buy a 20g tube.

where is the 75g tube then as it is not listed pmsl.o_O

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
It's a bloody farce...she's been contradicting herself all along and admitting they were in the wrong too...I'll wait and see if anything turns up but past caring now tbh!!! Electrifly should contact them to complain and cut'n'paste my parts of the conversation and see what happens ha ha!!

Advertisers