Growbags or pots

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Nice, erm, tomatoes. How many plants is that yield from?

6= 1000g dry 2 600w hps bulbs and about £450 of nutrients/plant food.
Bloody hell, that's good going! Do you eat all your home-grown tomatoes, or do you sell them at your local fruit & veg market?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that pile went for 6k;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
SW openly posting his ill gotten gains on here complete with pic evidence must either be a fool or plain stupid.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i already got busted for that and walked out the police station with 3k in cash. ;)

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Used to grow my own tomatoes etc as a hobby. Nice, but can't be bothered now.
The guy down the road has 3 commercial greenhouses and grows all sorts. He charges me 40p for a great big bag of tomatoes, can't go wrong.

He's in his late 70's though so not sure how long this will continue.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
It's coming to that time of year for tomatoes in the greenhouse. I never seem to do very well with the bags. Can't seem to keep them watered right. So was thinking about going for pots. Anybody have a view on this
We grow ours directly in to the ground in the green house. We manure the ground over the winter and then put a load of compost on top when planting.

We used to use grow bags but many of them are just too under filled to be useful in the long run. The best way we found with bags (never more than two toms per bag anyway) was to pinch the bag in the middle on either side then lift and shake it until the soil has been evenly forced to each end of the bag. Cut the bag in half from side to side (in the middle obviously!) and then you have two pot style grow bags. You can top them up (as you'll realise how low the soil is) with compost and stand them up like pots.

Does that make any sense?

Reactions: gray198
T

Tyler

It seems to me that planters for flowers are the best for plants. There's a wide variety to choose from at https://getpotted.com/ these days. And there are all kinds of options to choose from. Yes, they opened an offline store in London, too. The consultants there will help you with the selection. And you can see the quality for yourself.

Advertisers