Haibike Flyon Xduro TQ engine

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

just depends what you want to do on it but most esp with down tube batts have got more heavy.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Just returning from a lengthy absence and looking at a new bike. The Haibike flyon did catch my eye so interested in how you are getting on with them.
Im 500 miles in over 2 months on the Flyon quite low i know as i have 3 bikes but its great
its a little noisy if that is something you dont like but for me im not ashamed of riding a pedelec as i can only see thats why people in general worry about motor noise
it is quite heavy i think most of the extra weight is the battery as its a monster size and weight wise
i very rarely use anything above the first 2 levels as theres great power and assistance there but its a bit like having a fast car in as much as you know its there if you need it
back to the weight thou it doesnt seem to have any noticeable effect on the handling
build quality is right up there nothing i have seen has made me think Mmm that could have been made a bit better
so all in all i would have no worries in recommending one to anyone .

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

it is 1.2kg lighter but costs alot more, they did have a world cup version with cf everything but was near 15k for that bike lol.

Wilsmck

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2020
I am tempted to buy a Haibike Adventr 5 with Flyon Motor for trekking and a little touring. I currently have a Winora Yukon with the Yamaha PWX motor and 500 amp battery. My concern about the Flyon is battery range - the range calculator on the Haibike website seems to suggest that I would be lucky to get 40 miles on mixed track in mid power. I am around 90kg myself so not a small guy. I wondered if anyone has some real experience of range on tracks here in Central Scotland (not mountains) that you could share please? Thanks Wills

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I am tempted to buy a Haibike Adventr 5 with Flyon Motor for trekking and a little touring. I currently have a Winora Yukon with the Yamaha PWX motor and 500 amp battery. My concern about the Flyon is battery range - the range calculator on the Haibike website seems to suggest that I would be lucky to get 40 miles on mixed track in mid power. I am around 90kg myself so not a small guy. I wondered if anyone has some real experience of range on tracks here in Central Scotland (not mountains) that you could share please? Thanks Wills
I Would say your not far off with them numbers in Mid power and mixed urban and light trail work
what i would say is your probably not going to use mid power much i never personally get out of eco or low so your range will increase

Wilsmck

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2020
I Would say your not far off with them numbers in Mid power and mixed urban and light trail work
what i would say is your probably not going to use mid power much i never personally get out of eco or low so your range will increase
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Fat Rat

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Wanted to resurrect this thread as I think it's time to replace my Haibike Hardseven. It's been fantastic, still going well but just a few signs... So thinking Haibike Flyon... Anybody had any issues? Will I notice extra torque? (I always use current bike in highest setting, can't see point in taking half charged battery home) Prefer to get good range by hitting 15 /16 mph and hovering in and out of assistance.. (Get 28 miles around Derbyshire/Lady Bower on tracks)
Think I, d go hardtail again... Weight no problem, no fences etc... Really like look of Flyon... Mate is pushing me towards Levo..??? But 6000 miles plus on a second hand Haibike with no issues is a great recommendation for Haibike. (Yamaha motor tho) Had new chains, cassettes, brake pads, tyres. Nothing else.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers