Haibike SDURO 5.0 Hardseven - Possible to change 27.5 wheels to 29er?

Redliner

Just Joined
May 31, 2019
Hi All,

First post here. I've been lurking a while and have learned quite a bit from posts on here. I can't seem to find this information on the net so I thought someone on here would know straight off.

I bought a Haibike Sduro 5.0 Hardseven used with the 27.5 wheelset and am wondering if it is possible for me to swap them out for a 29 wheelset? If this is possible, my intention is to have the two sets and to swap them as needed. The 29ers would be helpful for a 46-mile commute.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I would say no problem
as long as the frame has clearance theres no issues at all

Reactions: Redliner

darren66

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2020
Hi All,

First post here. I've been lurking a while and have learned quite a bit from posts on here. I can't seem to find this information on the net so I thought someone on here would know straight off.

I bought a Haibike Sduro 5.0 Hardseven used with the 27.5 wheelset and am wondering if it is possible for me to swap them out for a 29 wheelset? If this is possible, my intention is to have the two sets and to swap them as needed. The 29ers would be helpful for a 46-mile commute.

Thanks.
Assuming you have 2.6" tyres fitted to your 27.5 wheels, a 29er set with 2.25 tyres would be a similar diameter, that said, as there wouldn't be a lot of difference in size, not much of a reason to swap unless you ran 40-45mm urban tyres.

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat

Related Articles

Advertisers