Haibike sDuro HardSeven 2016, Front Chainring increase.

DazTopp

Just Joined
Sep 11, 2016
Aberdeenshi
Hi folks,

Looking for some advice on my Haibike sDuro HardSeven 2016 model. I have covered nearly 500 miles since purchase (introduction and photos to follow).
The only problem i am having is running out of gears after 18-20mph. I am looking for a gearing revision to see me to around 22-24mph on flats and downhill.
Can anyone advise on the following points:
1. What is the largest single chainring i can fit to the bike.
2. Do i need to change the chain.
3. Do i need to remove or cut the chain guide.
4. Will it have an impact on the Yamaha motor over time.

Any help or advise is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daz.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Hi folks,

Looking for some advice on my Haibike sDuro HardSeven 2016 model. I have covered nearly 500 miles since purchase (introduction and photos to follow).
The only problem i am having is running out of gears after 18-20mph. I am looking for a gearing revision to see me to around 22-24mph on flats and downhill.
Can anyone advise on the following points:
1. What is the largest single chainring i can fit to the bike.
2. Do i need to change the chain.
3. Do i need to remove or cut the chain guide.
4. Will it have an impact on the Yamaha motor over time.

Any help or advise is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daz.
As far as I know (I have a 2x10 conversion on mine)
1. Any 104 pcd chainring will fit most brands stop at 48
2. On mine I did not need to change the chain using a 44 and I believe a 48 would still go as I also have a 40t rear gear and that is fine. Not that I would use the outer and bottom gear but checked to make sure. After 500 miles if I was replacing a sprocket I would replace the chain anyway.
3. Original chain guide will work with a 44 but I don't think it will work with a 48. If you get a narrow / wide chainring you don't need the guide anyway.
4. I think the sort of use mine gets climbing mountains in the Alps will put far more strain on the motor than over gearing.

Paul Young

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
Magor, South Wales
A friend of mine bought a Race face 46T 103 bcd, thick thin ring, and he increased his speed to around 30Mph. The most important thing when buying a new ring is the bolt circle diameter.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
A friend of mine bought a Race face 46T 103 bcd, thick thin ring, and he increased his speed to around 30Mph. The most important thing when buying a new ring is the bolt circle diameter.
I think you mean a 110BCD if it has 46T Paul...103BCD doesn't exist and if you were meaning 104, they only go upto 38T (same as we currently use);)

Badger999

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 5, 2017
Watford
Hi guys, I had the same question... I have a Haibike Yamaha SDURO Cross SL and wanted a 48T single chain ring with chain guard. Has any one experienced rough gear changes? Or any issues ? I will need to remove the chain guide but is there any other complication that I need to be aware of? I just want a bit more top end? Will a 48T work as original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger999

Mar 5, 2017
Watford
Wow! so just with a 42T you had to remove chain guard?? Yamaha sell a 48T with a separate chain guard, will that not fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glenwatt

Feb 5, 2017
London
Just to clarify, the chainguard was attached to the crank / chainring.
The chianguide is still attached, although I did have to take a file to it.

Advertisers