Haibike sDuro HardSeven 5.0 2019 Yamaha (delimited) vs QWIC MD11 PERFORMANCE 28MPH SPEED PEDELEC

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
The Haibike would have a 250w Yamaha motor but I would delimit its speed limit of 15.5 mph. I am comparing it to aQWIC MD11 bike with a 540w Brose mid mounted engine.

This one

VS

This one

Just wondering what people would think is a better ride? Is a more powerful motor going to confer any advantages? What would you guys recommend? What would you recommend? Obviously there is quite a big price difference. Sure one would prefer a more powerful motor, or does this not really make too much a difference?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the haibike with the right gearing will be faster with a dongle as you can get up to 35mph with a badass dongle b4 it will cut off.

Reactions: nabs

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Brose has the give away rear number plate holder so might be questioned.

Reactions: nabs

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
the haibike with the right gearing will be faster with a dongle as you can get up to 35mph with a badass dongle b4 it will cut off.

Thanks for all the help dude. I will be getting that Yamaha Haibike. Is there any advantage to getting one of the newer Haibike models or newer motors?

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
I actually really like the Yamaha bike you linked, but is there a reason to get it over one of the other models, newer ones? I am assuming because its one of the best for its price.

Last edited:

nabs

Pedelecer
May 27, 2019
A town bike and a mountain bike, the question you need to ask yourself is where will I be riding this bike?
Mostly just around the city, on road, and a little in parks. I thought a mountain bike can kinda be used anywhere, and that many people prefer them to commute with.

I also want to take them out on trails. But it will mostly be a city bike, thats true.

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Go hybrid, 700c /650b so that if you wanted to you can fit wider tyres.
My 700c can fit 42mm tyres and wider if I used 650b rims.

Advertisers