Handlebar controller for Raleigh Velo Cite

bill3066

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 15, 2020
If you aren't too bothered about the looks, a cheap bodge/ repair might be to use clear heat shrink tube, max cost £3.10 for a metre. A lot cheaper then a complete controller kit replacement.
Your LCD isn't much different in size to my lcd2, buy a shrink size slightly larger then you lcd. Cut a piece to cover the whole screen, measure the screen width from bottom to top then the thickness of the screen and add them together, buy shrink a size or two bigger. A as long as the shrink is not 2 x the size of the above screen measurements added together it will shrink nicely.
Slide it on and then a slit to allow it to pass the cable and then warm it, it is 2:1 shrink ratio so you the 120mm or even the 150 may be about right.

PVC Heat Shrink Tubing Wrap RC Battery Pack 17mm - 150mm LiPO NiMH NiCd - UK | eBay
Thank you Neal I will do it this way.

bill3066

Dec 15, 2020
If you aren't too bothered about the looks, a cheap bodge/ repair might be to use clear heat shrink tube, max cost £3.10 for a metre. A lot cheaper then a complete controller kit replacement.
Your LCD isn't much different in size to my lcd2, buy a shrink size slightly larger then your lcd. Cut a piece to cover the whole screen, measure the screen width from bottom to top then the thickness of the screen and add them together, buy shrink a size or two bigger. A as long as the shrink is not more then 2 x the size of the above screen measurements added together it will shrink nicely.
Slide it on and then a slit to allow it to pass the cable and then warm it, it is 2:1 shrink ratio so the 120mm or even the 150 may be about right.

PVC Heat Shrink Tubing Wrap RC Battery Pack 17mm - 150mm LiPO NiMH NiCd - UK | eBay
Hi Neal took you tip regarding shrink tubing and added some coloured dotsBDCA4E41-F765-4F09-824E-CCE53F8C27CB.jpeg

Reactions: gsm.terra

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It was never going to be an elegant solution but if it works then it's a cheap working fix.

Reactions: gsm.terra

bill3066

Dec 15, 2020
Took your advice I’m happy with the outcome and saved me a fair bit of money thank you all.B09874DB-2B9F-4179-A620-36459B11C9BB.jpeg

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks like you tried again, the result looks very satisfactory.

Advertisers