Handlebar light mount

john260164

Just Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Aberdeen
Hi, I've got a Haibike ebike with a Bosch display unit mounted to the stem. Its so wide it doesn't leave enough room on the 31.8mm part of the bar for the mount for my light, which is a MaxxD from Exposure. Thought about putting the light upside down but that would foul the headtube. I know Exposure do a stem bracket but its £25 with postage from Exposure's website, which seems a bit steep. I could try the 25.4mm adaptor but that pushes the light out to the side where the bar is swept back meaning the light won't point dead forward. Anyone know an easy solution or anywhere the Exposure stem bracket is available for less?

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Hi, I've got a Haibike ebike with a Bosch display unit mounted to the stem. Its so wide it doesn't leave enough room on the 31.8mm part of the bar for the mount for my light, which is a MaxxD from Exposure. Thought about putting the light upside down but that would foul the headtube. I know Exposure do a stem bracket but its £25 with postage from Exposure's website, which seems a bit steep. I could try the 25.4mm adaptor but that pushes the light out to the side where the bar is swept back meaning the light won't point dead forward. Anyone know an easy solution or anywhere the Exposure stem bracket is available for less?
You could use two holders to hold it more centrally, as they do tend to tilt the light to one side slightly.

Also, take a look at this guide on how to insert an avatar pic. You may find it useful. :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Exposure lights.. They cost a bomb! :eek:
not to make them they dont its just 4 10 quid leds a driver and a case ;)

Reactions: LeighPing

Advertisers