Handlebars quandary

Daniel01

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 26, 2015
Hi could someone enlighten me how to turn my 905se handlebars 90 degrees to facilitate loading and travelling in my camper van

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Undo the top stem bolt/screw a turn or two , then the two side screw bolts a turn or two it should then rotate. To align again straighten the bars tighten the stem top bolt/screw then the two side ones, before riding hold the front brake on and rock the bikes checking there is no play with the front forks /steerer.

Daniel01

Apr 26, 2015
I dont believe there is a top stem bolt,Ill check when I get home..its a clamp arrangement

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
If it's an adjustable stem you may need to move the extended arm part angle up or down first to expose a bolt head in the top of the stem.
As JPGiant says a photo would help as we are just guessing.
Dave.

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Well, I asked for it - that's a new type of headset to me!
What happens when you lift the lever (with the yellow warning sticker), are there any bolts/nuts underneath it to loosen/remove the bars from steerer tube?
Did the bike come pre-assembled, normally the bars are set at right angles for transport.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Okay here is the picture..
If you lift up the lever with the yellow sticker and push the handlebars as far forwards and downwards as they will go, is an allen key bolt head exposed in the stem?
Another photo with the lever raised and the handlebars completely forward and down may help.
Dave.
Sorry JPG, posts crossed:)

Reactions: JPGiant

Daniel01

Apr 26, 2015
If I lift up the lever it allows the bars to rotate nothing more and no forward travel. I noticed a plastic cover on either side further down the stem which I pried off,There are 2 screws under each which I believe if removed would allow the top part of the stem to hinge forward and give access to the hidden centre screw to allow rotational movement. all in all a big job for a routine action and one which I have no intention of doing twice every time I transport the bike,many thanks to the people who tried to help me find a solution.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
If I lift up the lever it allows the bars to rotate nothing more and no forward travel. I noticed a plastic cover on either side further down the stem which I pried off,There are 2 screws under each which I believe if removed would allow the top part of the stem to hinge forward and give access to the hidden centre screw to allow rotational movement. all in all a big job for a routine action and one which I have no intention of doing twice every time I transport the bike,many thanks to the people who tried to help me find a solution.
Maybe you could replace the whole unit with a conventional quill stem?
Dave.

Advertisers