Helmet

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
Hi
Does anyone have experience with helmets specifically designed for speed pedelecs.
Thanks

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
i have an Abus Pedelec 2 in large size if I can help with any questions.
Thanks for your reply
The abus helmet looks good.
Does your one have the winter kit with bits that go over the ears and also the visor?
Also does it feel like it offers more protection than a standard helmet.
Thanks

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Thanks for your reply
The abus helmet looks good.
Does your one have the winter kit with bits that go over the ears and also the visor?
Also does it feel like it offers more protection than a standard helmet.
Thanks
I've never owned a helmet before this one which I bought at the same time as my new bike about fourteen months ago so I can't compare with other helmets.
The deal with my other half was that I could have another bike if I promised to use a helmet, at my advancing years (mid seventies) she now feels happier when I go out on my own.
I thought I would hate it but after a short time I came to feel okay with a helmet and now it's the first thing I reach for when setting out.
It doesn't have the winter kit and I've found it impossible to buy the ear protectors separately to add to the helmet so advice would be to include the winter kit in the original purchase if you feel you may need it.
I find the helmet comfortable and very light to wear, the built in hood is useful, it leaves a couple of vents open at the back but has kept my head warm and dry during heavy showers.
The built in rechargeable light is good at night or on dull days but doesn't show up in bright sunshine.
Summer use is fine and the vents alow good cooling.
The strap is excellent with the magnetic catch and makes fastening and removal easy and fine adjustment of the size is easy whilst wearing it using the screw at the back.
I feel there's good protection around the sides and back and though I've no experience of other helmets this seems to be well made and strong and I would certainly buy another of these should it ever need replacing.
I hope this helps a little.
Dave.

Last edited:

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks Dave
That helps a lot.
Glad you find your helmet good.
Did you buy it from one of your local shops or was it an online purchase?

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Thanks Dave
That helps a lot.
Glad you find your helmet good.
Did you buy it from one of your local shops or was it an online purchase?
Online, then shortly afterwards Halfords had them in their sale!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Advertisers