Help ebco tranz battey bms

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
Ho all. Recently bought one. But the battery has been removed from case along with bms. I've wired another battery in that powers it but battery indicator on screen shows 0. Guessing the bms tells the bike the battery info. Anyone know where I can get a bms board from or is there a way round it.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Which ebco bike? What age? Which battery?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Ho all. Recently bought one. But the battery has been removed from case along with bms. I've wired another battery in that powers it but battery indicator on screen shows 0. Guessing the bms tells the bike the battery info. Anyone know where I can get a bms board from or is there a way round it.
It might be better to keep the battery and motor, and replace everything else.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
You see Eagles broken up for parts on ebay from time to time. Beyond that the bike is too old and too quirky; even the PST system was dropped by TranzX in favour of newer CANbus quite some years ago. AFAIK there isn't any UK support for TranzX e-bike systems anymore (not even the newer CANbus). Your best bet might be to contact TranzX's EU base in Germany, but I'd suspect even that's a remote possibility.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hand shaking between components makes working on these bikes almost redundant , hence the issue you have.
Before buying bits of junk you really need to do more thorough homework, cheap bargains like these are better for trellis's.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The motor is standard. All the other parts can be replaced with standard ones, but you must replace all of them.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
An Eagle currently listed on ebay shows the battery you need is a TranzX BL05. It seems the same battery was used in various European bike models too. TranzX don't show it as a current model, but that's not to say if there's demand they wouldn't make any more. A few Dutch & German retailers like THIS ONE show it listed but no stock. In any case it's £598. On a now unsupported bike using quirky parts that dates from 2010 that might be throwing good money after bad?

Advertisers