HELP. My ebike motor is not spinning

Thatsadz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2020
Hi everyone, I really need some help fixing my ebike else I’m about to pull my hair out !

My motor completely stopped spinning and gave me the ‘error 08’ code when I went to replace my throttle.

I assumed it was the controller as some of the wires may have touched as I was installing the new throttle.

i have bought and used a brand new controller which also has made no difference To the bike which leads me to believes it’s an issue with the motor.

the motor does not spin at all, possibly issues with the hall Sensor but I’m not sure on how to fix.

Will I need a new hub motor? Please help

FYI: this is the voilamart motor and controller I am using

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Do you have PAS fitted ?

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Check all wiring connections are pushed fully home - I did something on my bike and the motor stopped working, I thought it I'd damaged something but it was just one of the connectors had worked loose when i was working on the bike.
Easy to fix once I'd found the problem :)

Thatsadz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2020
Check all wiring connections are pushed fully home - I did something on my bike and the motor stopped working, I thought it I'd damaged something but it was just one of the connectors had worked loose when i was working on the bike.
Easy to fix once I'd found the problem :)
I’m sure all the connectors are in properly, I can’t come to the reason why it’s not working as I have changed throttle before so I know how to wire it correctly

Advertisers