Help please Bafang BBS01 shorted out I think

KenR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 11, 2020
Trying to sort out bent pins in the green display socket with a screw driver I got a spark. I forgot to disconnect the battery which I know is stupid.

The motor is dead. I have plugged in a proven fully working wiring loom with another working display, and nothing. I have also plugged a computer programming cable into the green socket. This connects to the computer via the Bafang program but will not connect to the motor itself. ie none of the parameters show on any of the three pages can be changed.

Any help in fixing this is much appreciated, I have a multimeter.

Thanks

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You'll need a new controller. If you short the data wires to the battery one, you'll wipe out the cpu in the controller.

Even if you had disconnected the battery, it would probably have done the same. After disconnection, you have to short the battery wires to discharge the capacitors in the controller, which would otherwise store the battery voltage while disconnected.

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
How did you manage to bend the pins? The Higo connectors are pretty fool proof and I can't see how the pins would bend by connecting or disconnecting.

KenR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 11, 2020
Testing second hand kit on a working bike which had a damaged higo socket to the display.

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike

Advertisers