Help please

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Possible both are faulty then.
Try a better known brand and replace the electronics.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I do enjoy these threads.
From the initial pitiful wail of pleeeeaaase helllp meeee :( Through to the beginnings of the 'Perking up' (medical terminology) and onto the smiles of relief then joy as the experienced massiv get stuck in suggesting this, that and 'tother.

And the rain cloud passes.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
At least some of us try to make sense of what info we see to try and help out, much better then to be condescending or scathing of attempts to remedy.

If I had a bike in front of me, it is so much easier to do the checks which I regard as routine, others not so and often have no idea of what we are asking them to do or try to carry out. It isn't always easy trying to make sense of some of the tasks that have been carried out with scant info.

Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can you tell is this the correct way to do the test ?
and that fact that it buzzes ?
A buzz would indicate a failed mosfet but I prefer to use the ohms scale and set the dial to 20K to get definite figures, then one can see where the issue lies and if one has the skills replace the affected mosfet/s.
I carry out the low side test on the Black and hope to see 9.7 - 9.99 ohms reading on the three phase wires, then I do the high side test on the Red wire and look for either a rise numeral scale or one might just see 1. If one gets both of these results then the mosfets are good.

The controller needs testing with no power so to rule out all possibilities, I disconnect it and test on a bench/work top.

It would be odd for a new controller to be faulty unless a bad batch or a second hand one sold as new.

Advertisers