Help with wires

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
I have got a cheap folding e bike it's enhance made in China 36 v brushless, this has no battery and I have no idea even if it works but I intend to find out the firs job is to connect a 36v battery I have fully charged and working but the bike has 4 stand up pins that the battery would have fitted to , my battery only has 2 a plus and minus so the first question is does anyone know witch 2 of the 4 pins are the main power I know 2 are the bms for a li-ion but my bats are lead acid, thanks if you know , when I start playing with the bike if it needs taking apart I will post pics as I can't find any and I'm sure others would love to see inside the controler

D

Deleted member 4366

Its the outer two pins of the four, but you have to get them the right way round otherwise you'll pop the controller. You have to unscre something to get to the other side of those pins. the red wire is positive and the black is negative.

Alternatively, you can find the controller and connect the battery directly to its red and black wires.

Reactions: Swinman
D

Deleted member 4366

Can any one point me to the right hall sensor as the one I've found is only up to 24v but my bike 36v thanks
All ebike hall sensors work at 5v. What are you trying to do?

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
Just prep for taking motor to bits to find the fault I think it's a hall sensor but wanted to be ready to order it if that's the prob but dint know if the one I found would work so if any one knows a good place to get one I would use them thanks I'll know more tomorrow when the motor is accessible cheers

D

Deleted member 4366

The designation is for the hall sensors is SS41. Some are virtually impossible to replace, others are straight forward. You can test them without having to open the motor.

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
Thanks for that been to busy today to start on the bike, the full price when new was £499 I got it from the shop that sells them as a customer return faulty sold as seen , as a folding bike with full working light , horn , throttle, controler, and looking almost new with a few scratches, for £60 , now you can see that taking the motor to bits is not a problem as a pet protect to see if I get on with it and if I do I'll get a new benelli, if I get stuck I'll be back lol

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Thanks for that been to busy today to start on the bike, the full price when new was £499 I got it from the shop that sells them as a customer return faulty sold as seen , as a folding bike with full working light , horn , throttle, controler, and looking almost new with a few scratches, for £60 , now you can see that taking the motor to bits is not a problem as a pet protect to see if I get on with it and if I do I'll get a new benelli, if I get stuck I'll be back lol
If you want to take the motor to bits for educational purposes then go for it I say.....but I'd seriously consider simply testing the halls as d8veh suggests without opening the motor up.

If it really is just the hall sensors then a new sensorless controller for very little cash would have you up and running

Or you if dead hall sensors then try to source and replace. And if not possible then new controller or new motor

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
If you want to take the motor to bits for educational purposes then go for it I say.....but I'd seriously consider simply testing the halls as d8veh suggests without opening the motor up.

If it really is just the hall sensors then a new sensorless controller for very little cash would have you up and running

Or you if dead hall sensors then try to source and replace. And if not possible then new controller or new motor

D

Deleted member 4366

I very much doubt that there's a need to open the motor.

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
Sorry when the bike was connected to a battery and I turned the throttle the wheel worked for about 5-7 seconds then cut out the noise it made was like a stone shaking in a been tin so I really do think there's something going on in the motor I have the time and skill to do the work and that costs nothing, if it's only a hall sensor then it's only pence to sort out , even after I repair the bike I want to keep it to have a play on then it's going back on eBay as I'll most likely get a new bike next year April time so thanks for help I've always liked the moto if it ain't broke don't fix it, but mine is if it is broke have fun , all the best thanks again

Reactions: mw1
D

Deleted member 4366

You can get noise and vibration like that when a mosfet in the controller is blown or if there's a faulty connection on a hall sensor.

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
So the blue hall sensor was dead got some new ones as they are cheap and I wanted to work with one as a test before putting it in the motor, all done now tested before i put it back together then re built the bike and tested with the battery from my euro bike and all is great the light and horn works and the throttle from slow to full speed is perfect just need to get a battery that fits well and I'll be off thanks for the help

Advertisers