Hibernating battery

chrisbach

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 15, 2022
Having been unable to ride my Wisper for a while I kept the battery (535) topped every few weeks up as per the instructions. But it was charged, green light, and not powering anything when I next tried to use it. This is being sorted .

How do you keep these batteries from dying please?

chrisbach

Sep 15, 2022
Having been unable to ride my Wisper for a while I kept the battery (535) topped every few weeks up as per the instructions. But it was charged, green light, and not powering anything when I next tried to use it. This is being sorted .

How do you keep these batteries from dying please?
Oops 575

chrisbach

Sep 15, 2022
Hi David.

The battery would be 2 yrs old at the end of this year, and being replaced (I hope) under warranty.

I am just checking to try and stop it happening again. The charger was on green and the battery was on 36.3. I was charging it often. No life in battery. It is on its way to you.

Is it the correct procedure to put 'charge battery' in my calendar for the first of every month? What if the light is green when I start to charge? Do I need to check with a multimeter?

I, obviously, need instructions lol.

Chris.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David.

The battery would be 2 yrs old at the end of this year, and being replaced (I hope) under warranty.

I am just checking to try and stop it happening again. The charger was on green and the battery was on 36.3. I was charging it often. No life in battery. It is on its way to you.

Is it the correct procedure to put 'charge battery' in my calendar for the first of every month? What if the light is green when I start to charge? Do I need to check with a multimeter?

I, obviously, need instructions lol.

Chris.
Hi Chris,

We will of course replace under warranty if we can’t fix it.

Its best to charge it every couple of months, but as I mentioned earlier it’s vital that the battery is never left fully discharged. The best practice is to charge the battery after every use if possible.

The battery may simply have a small fault.

All the best, David

Advertisers