Holiday Pottering

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
We stopped off near Oxford in our motorhome and I used the ebike to have a bit of an explore around the countryside near the campsite. Amazing how much of interest you see when you have time to dawdle....

Reactions: Ocsid

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
It’s great isn’t it. My wife and I did a 6 month tour of the UK two years ago with our electric Bromptons on our campervan. So much to see. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Reactions: ttxela

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Yes, one of the things I like is that it means you to seek out interesting things more local to where you are camped rather than just the big tourist attractions.

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Arrival in Lymington and a bit of a ride around to find the venue for a course my wife was attending - having the ebikes made camping and riding in a viable alternative to more expensive accomodation :)

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Some great stuff to explore around Lymington on the bike. I was impressed how easy it was to ride along the shingle spit with the full power on.

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
The eBike has really enabled us to get around more from the motorhome, in this case to the pub for lunch! Still amazed how well that front wheel hub motor pulls.

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Got a thorough soaking on this ride tthrough the New Forest, the bike stands up well to the wet weather though, when I used to commute on it I covered many miles in similar weather and never had any issues.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need to clean the inside of the calipers and the 2 pistons and then lube them with some brake fluid or the piston seals will be damaged and you will have to rebuild the caliper, or just buy new brakes if parts are not a option.

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Thanks for the tip :). I did think at the time it would have been handy to have some brake cleaner. Unfortunately I had limited stuff to hand on the campsite.

ttxela

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Last weekend I took the motorhome and eBike up to Moor Edge Farm in Crich as I was attending the AGM of the Peak District Mine History Society. A fantastic ride along the Cromford Canal to get to the mining museum.

Reactions: robert44

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Going for a month long jolly during lock down isn't classed as essential travel.

Reactions: richtea99

Advertisers