Hope that someone can suggest what I can do ....

rogermunns

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 16, 2019
Thanks again, kind of you to take an interest. As a 75yo Physicist I should have picked up how these bikes work much easier than I have. But ...... Anyway, I'll have a look at the rats' nest that is the tangle of wires and connectors.

rogermunns

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 16, 2019
vfr400 - bravo! You were perfectly correct in your diagnosis, pretty good seeing as I am the best part of 800 miles from you. Being a bit more mechanical than electrical, I instead adjusted the brakes at the levers, so as to ensure the 'no brake' position meant that the microswitches were definitely pressed. It was a bit of a fiddle, but it did the job! Thanks so much. That'll teach me not to fiddle, because when I got the bikes and before I replaced the batteries I spent some time stripping down and rebuilding the calipers / levers. Maybe I should have left well alone. I did the same to both bikes, so I guess the same 'cure' will apply to the other bike.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
vfr400 - bravo! You were perfectly correct in your diagnosis, pretty good seeing as I am the best part of 800 miles from you. Being a bit more mechanical than electrical, I instead adjusted the brakes at the levers, so as to ensure the 'no brake' position meant that the microswitches were definitely pressed. It was a bit of a fiddle, but it did the job! Thanks so much. That'll teach me not to fiddle, because when I got the bikes and before I replaced the batteries I spent some time stripping down and rebuilding the calipers / levers. Maybe I should have left well alone. I did the same to both bikes, so I guess the same 'cure' will apply to the other bike.
If we guess 100 times, we have to be right once.

Advertisers